A Bit About Us:
We may have started small, but we've always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven't stopped; a years' worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we've made millions of them happy. We've even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we're determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Yard Operative Role:
Due to expansion, we are looking for Shunters to ensure the smooth movement of trailers and stock in the yard and around the site. This is a very exciting job opportunity for someone to join a vibrant team and not afraid of multi-tasking.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing As Our Yard Operative:
Working within a fast-paced Depot ensuring the safe transportation of trailers around the site, your job will also include preparing all trailers to be loaded and ensure it is safe to begin loading goods onto the trailer, also:
- Weighing of trailers
- Transporting trailers around the site
- Ensuring trailers are secured at all times during loading and unloading
- Complying with health and safety requirements
A Few Things About Our Yard Operative:
- Excellent punctuality
- Shunter certificate (HGV preferable)
- Must have previous shunting experience, ideally tug trained
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Close attention to detail
- Must be available to work 4-on/4-off continental shift pattern from 00:30 - 8:30am
- Shunter Driver experience within the last two years
Why Choose AO:
It's not about the job you need now, it's about who you want to be and where you want to go. The thing about AO is that you don't have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That's our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what's possible. We're growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they're our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different. "
Great People Deserve Great Things:
As an AO employee, you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier, or make your home life a lot more fun.
- 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
If you have what it takes to become our Yard Operative, click "Apply" now - we want to hear from you!