Web Product Owner
£55,000 - £60,000
Full Time, Permanent (Monday to Friday)
The role is responsible for managing the Web Product for our client in Warrington. You will use the expertise that you develop on the Web Product to ensure new features are well defined and scoped, that bugs are well understood and reported accurately and that changes deliver the commercial and CX benefits projected. By harnessing skills from development partners, UX designers and business analysts the aim of the role is to make the Web Product the best in industry omni channel web product.
Web Product Roadmap
- Responsible for aligning the product roadmap to the business Digital Strategy.
- Accountable for defining and delivering benefits cases associated with the web product.
- Responsible for advocating strong customer experience and driving towards an enjoyable and easy customer journey.
Web Product Expert
- Develop a deep understanding of the web product customer journeys, functionality and capabilities, how business users harness its capabilities and how it interfaces to other systems in the business.
- Understand dependencies from and on other business systems. • Develop a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience.
- Strongly advocate the utilisation of capabilities in the web product by business users in the Digital team to deliver working efficiency, revenue and CX.
- Develop scope and tightly define backlog items (features, user stories, bugs) with our development partners.
- Actively participate in Sprint planning and regular development progress updates.
- Solve product-related problems, make decisions, complete trade off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Track and prioritise bugs and new features taking account of strategic direction, commercial benefit and customer experience.
- Manage and prioritise backlog items to ensure they are appropriately.
- Regularly groom the backlog.
- Keep the rest of the business informed about new capabilities or problems in the web product.
- Align development budget for changes with cost/benefit and the budgeted development financials.
- Working closely with, but not limited to, the Trading and Online Merchandising team, CRM team, design studio, CRO and development partners.
- Realisation of benefits cases
- Delivery of product roadmap on time, on budget on scope - Online performance KPIs
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- 5+ years' experience with web based products
- Good communication skills, a proactive approach and a "can do" attitude.
- Technical awareness of tagging, cookies, attribution, web development technologies and their relative merits, Content Management, performance optimisation, SEO, payment solutions.
- Strong problem-solving skills especially in the above areas.
- Detailed understanding of e-commerce CX.
- Methodical and detail focussed.
- Analytical and fact based decision making process.
- Inquisitive and tenacious
- Technology/digital/e-commerce/Computer Science related degree/qualification preferred.
- Brand sensitive and customer centric.
- Experience of an Omni channel B2C preferred.
- Commercially aware of the workings of an online retail business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively
Please note Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer.