Apply today and work as a Warehouse Operative on a Fixed Term Contract with guaranteed hours at this advanced automated warehouse in Castle Donington.
Working for a top retailer, you can earn up to £12.13 per hour. This is a fixed-term contract that is set to last until January 2021.
There are a whole host of other great benefits, such as free breakfast once a week, 5 free vending machine drinks every day and attendance prize raffles for both day and night shifts.
Staffline is recruiting for a Warehouse Operative to work at our client's market-leading distribution centre in Castle Donington
The rate of pay is as follows:
- Day-shift work is paid at £9.70 per hour
- Night-shift work is paid at £12.13 per hour, for hours worked between 10pm and 6am
Interviews will be held at the Staffline Experience Centre, Gower Street, Derby DE1 1SB.
This role is on a fixed non-negotiable working pattern, averaging 38.5 hours per week.
The working pattern is:
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
Week 1 OFF IN IN OFF OFF IN IN
Week 2 IN OFF OFF IN IN OFF OFF
A variety of shifts are available:
- 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am
- 6am to 6pm or 6pm to 6am
- 6.30am to 6.30pm or 6.30pm to 6.30am
You will be required to be flexible to meet the demands of the business.
Your Time at Work
As a Warehouse Operative, you may:
- Process clothing, beauty and home products
- Package finished customer orders ready for shipping
- Complete operational documentation accurately
- Use electronic equipment to pick and pack products
- Load and unload products to and from warehouse storage
- Working with both boxed and hanging general merchandise
Our Perfect Worker
In addition to having good manual-handling skills, such as the ability to lift and move products, our ideal Warehouse Operative must:
- Have a good level of English skills
- Follow instructions and procedures
- Work quickly and accurately
- Adapt to changing circumstances
- Act as a good team player
- Communicate well with other members of the team
- Be reliable
- Be able to physically cope with being on your feet for up to 12 hours
Key Information and Benefits
- Fixed-term contract until January 2021
- Fixed working pattern with guaranteed hours (average 38.5 per week)
- Earn £9.70 to £12.13 p/h depending on shift
- Day and night shifts available
- Free breakfast once a week
- 5 free vending machine drinks daily
- Weekly attendance prize raffles with fantastic prizes
- OnSite support from Staffline
- Subsidised on-site canteen
- Free car parking on site
- Good links to public transport
- PPE provided
- Reward schemes
- Full training provided
- Temp to perm opportunity
- Opportunities for overtime
- Career progression
A message from Marks & Spencer:
COVID-19 Control Measures on-site at Castle Donnington
Before you join the team and start your first day with us at the Marks & Spencer Distribution Centre - Castle Donington, we wanted to let you know about some of the measures we have in place to help look after the Health and Wellbeing of all our colleagues (Staffline, M&S and contractors), so you can feel confident that when you start we're doing all we can to look after each other #allinthistogether.
Click here to view the video (password - allinthistogether) which highlights some of the key essential measures in place to keep everyone safe which we expect everyone to follow onsite.
Below is an overview of some of the measures we've taken to keep you safe:
- Increased marshalling to maintain minimum 2m distancing between people
- Guide markings on floors to help keep people at safe distances
- One-way systems around the site
- Increased spacing between workbenches
- Smoking area extended to allow room for people to be at a safe distance
- Protective face shields available for those who want them
- Additional break out spaces created
- Ongoing TV wellbeing messaging
- Increased hand sanitiser locations
- No-touch entry & exit from the site and no-touch door openings whilst onsite
- Canteen serving pre-prepared food only
- Canteen seating altered to create more space between people
- Shift start and finish times amended to remove congestion
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline...... click apply for full job details