Reporting to the Depot Manager, the Warehouse Manager will be responsible for identifying and implementing continuous improvement programmes which enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of pick, packing and the loading of vehicles in order to achieve operational and financial KPI's.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising and agreeing all manning levels, recruitment, training, development and the discipline of all colleagues with the Depot Manager.
- Providing leadership and direction to the warehouse teams to ensure that people are engaged, focused and delivering their potential and ensuring all mandatory / skills training is up to date.
- Ensuring a health and safety culture is embedded and monitor the use of material handling equipment so that a safe and efficient working environment is promoted at all times.
- Ensuring the appropriate handling, management and storage of materials so that food safety is maximised and the operational plan can be achieved.
You may not have heard of us, but we're sure you've tried our products. We supply all the UK's food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals. We have 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution centres across the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. We generated revenues of £1.2bn in FY20 and employ approximately 12,200 people.
We're looking for a Warehouse Manager to join our DTS team at Tamworth.
Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 18 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 7,500 deliveries of our own chilled products and that of third parties every day. Our delivery drivers supply petrol station forecasts and smaller convenience stores keeping the nation happy.
Tamworth is our newest depot, a brand new 160,000 sq ft site, which opened in March 2020. A major picking depot, employing more than 400 colleagues and operating a fleet of more than 60 vehicles. The depot serves major convenience retailers in the region. Be part of our exciting new venture in the Midlands where the team work together to pick, pack and process up to 3.5 million units of food per week at peak.What we're looking for
- Demonstrable track record in food distribution with a particular emphasis on warehouse picking and packing.
- Prior experience in chilled food is advantageous, but not essential.
- Experienced with sector specific electronic management tools e.g. voice picking would be a distinct advantage.
- Prior experience of managing large teams up to 200 indirects
- Experience managing various KPIs within a storage picking operation
- IT literate; able to use MS office to record and report effectively
- Excellent customer service and a high level of numeracy and literacy
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.