If you care for others without a second thought and are looking for a rewarding career where you can make a difference and changes lives for the better, then take your care to next level by joining the team at Wellesley Hospital
Your career within Elysium will be enjoyable and rewarding as you develop specialist skills and make a real difference for some of the most vulnerable people in society.
It's a career that you can take pride in and enjoy. It's what delivering great healthcare should feel like.
What you will be doing
With experience from the NHS or private care, you will lead the nursing team provide high-quality care and support to people with mental health conditions while also supporting your colleagues and promote good teamwork.
As a Ward Manager, you will become a crucial part of our outstanding multi-disciplinary team. You will be responsible for the delivery of exceptional care to our patients and will manage the day to day running of the ward.
You will be a dynamic individual with a flexible approach who possesses excellent leadership and management skills. A high level of self-motivation and drive are a must, as well as the ability to work well under pressure, problem solve and rise to a challenge.
• Managing and training of junior and nurse staff.
• Working alongside the senior Nurse to manage the on call service.
• Effective strategic resource management.
• Supporting the implementation of local Clinical Governance Strategy.
• Satisfactory completion of objectives as agreed at appraisal and monthly supervision.
• Satisfactory completion of core competencies.
• Serious incident reviews and implementation of recommendations.
• Demonstrates clear application of continuing professional development portfolio.
• Ward Budget Management.
• Providing strong and robust leadership in the clinical environment using the core skills of facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, teaching and delegation.
• Facilitates delivery of practice and support supervision
• Actively contributing to the Nursing Service Agreement, departmental Risk Matrix and action plan and monitoring their implementation
• To participate and take on active lead in organisational clinical and nursing audit programmes
• Participating in and taking an active lead in organisational clinical and nursing audit programmes
• Developing a coaching culture within the clinical environment
• Manage the achievements and maintenance of the Care Standards Act
To be successful in this role, you'll need
• First level registration
• Relevant experience
• Professional training in a related environment
Where you will be working
Location: Westpark 26, Chelston, Wellington, Somerset, TA21 9FF
Join the multidisciplinary team at Wellesley Hospital providing care to men and women with mental health conditions and learning disabilities in a modern and purpose-built hospital with low and medium secure environments.
The unit is one of NHS England's pilot sites to test new approaches to delivering mental health care and works alongside local NHS trusts and private care providers in the South West.
Wellesley Hospital is conveniently located near Wellington, close to the M5 and commutable from Taunton, Exeter, Yeovil and surrounding areas.
What you will get
• Annual salary of £43k to £48k
• The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
• Free meals and parking
• Wellbeing support and activities
• Career development and training
• Pension contribution
• Life Assurance
• Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
you will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.