This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand new service as a Ward Clerk. Be part of a new, dedicated team at Dunnock View (Formally Oaktree Manor), a new mental health service, which is opening early 2024.
If you enjoy creating a well-presented and safe environment, then this is a great opportunity for you!
The aim of your role is to provide a proactive and flexible range of ward/ clinical administration services by providing relevant and appropriate ward-based support to the Ward Manager and the wider MDT team; driving best practice and ensuring compliance with company procedures and documented policies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing general administrative and clerical support to the wards as required, including answering the ward phone and adding meetings, planned service user leave and appointments to the ward diary.
- Maintaining patient files and notes, including the filing, scanning and archiving relevant patient information in a timely and efficient manner. Ward Clerks will also use the electronic service user information system to record, update and upload patient information.
- Assisting Ward Managers as required, e.g. typing duties, updating contact lists, and entering supervision data.
- General upkeep and organisation of ward offices. Ensuring that all ward areas are supplied with necessary clinical forms, stationary and other information as appropriate.
- Supporting the wards in arranging meetings, including attending and producing the minutes of ward meetings where relevant. This can involve typing and distributing minutes to the relevant parties.
- Supporting wards with maintaining compliance in line with hospital standards and maintaining data
- General administration duties such as photocopying, filing, archiving, scanning.
- Providing efficient support to the ward on a weekly basis, working in collaboration with the Medical Secretaries and ward staff to ensure that the ward offices are kept in a tidy manner and helping to support the smooth running of the service.
To be a Successful Ward Clerk you will need:
- Demonstrated ability to display professional conduct at all times.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Accuracy, efficiency, timeliness, and diligence are displayed in the accomplishment of all assigned duties with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Ability to prioritise duties and responsibilities
What you will get:
- Annual Salary of £23,000
- The equivalent of 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) - plus your birthday off
- Free meals
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity and adoption package
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer :
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.