We are looking for a Ward Clerk to join our brand new 12 bed CAMHS service supporting young people between the ages of 12 - 18 years old at Emerald Place Clinic in Charlwood, Surrey opening in early 2024.
If you enjoy creating a well-presented and safe environment, then join the team at Emerald Place Clinic in Charlwood as a Ward Clerk and be a valued member of the service.
To provide a proactive and flexible range of ward/ clinical administration services by providing relevant and appropriate ward-based support to the Ward Manager and the wider MDT team; driving best practice and ensuring compliance with company procedures and documented policies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide clinical administration and an efficient support service as required such as updating and maintaining accurate patient information, answering telephone calls, taking messages, whilst communicating effectively and professionally with both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring confidentiality of all written and verbal communication.
- Provide efficient administration to the ward staff, dealing with any requests for information promptly.
- To add all admissions to Carenotes, electronic patient records system, on the day of admission as required by head office.
- To prepare all new patient folders in preparation for admission ensuring all relevant documentation included
- To maintain the patient -folders on the wards ensuring that all documentation is filed accurately.
- General administration duties such as photocopying, filing, archiving, scanning.
- To provide efficient support to the ward on a weekly basis, working in collaboration with the Medical Secretaries and ward staff to ensure that the ward offices are kept in a tidy manner and helping to support the smooth running of the service.
To be a Successful Ward Clerk you will need:
- Demonstrated ability to display professional conduct at all times.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Accuracy, efficiency, timeliness, and diligence are displayed in the accomplishment of all assigned duties with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Ability to prioritise duties and responsibilities
- GCSE certificate, Grade C or above in English, or equivalent (Essential)
- GCSE certificate, Grade C or above in Mathematics, or equivalent (Essential)
Emerald Place Clinic is a general adolescent inpatient unit for the care and treatment of young people aged 13 up to the age of 18. Young people who are admitted to the unit will have a primary diagnosis of mental illness across a wide range of disorders and complex needs. These could include mental health conditions such as mood disorders and acute psychosis. Additionally young people may have co-existing additional needs such as neurodevelopmental disorders, including mild learning disabilities or autism. A young person could also be admitted if they have disordered eating.
What you will get:
- An annual salary of £21,547.50 plus benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) - plus your birthday off
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity and adoption package
About your next employer:
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.