Latinx Veterinary Medical Association
VP, Brands and Content, EU page is loaded VP, Brands and Content, EU Apply locations GBR-London-London time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R82754
Leadership of the EU Brand and Con tent Team i n the d esign and deliver y of audience-first , scalable , breakthrough digital first i deas, that levera ge a new mix of fit for purpose agency partners, platforms and ecosystems to enable delivery of all consumer brand communications across our Mars Snacking EU portfolio .
Accountable for supporting the development and delivery of both global and region-specific content ; Global Brand Stewardship of Orbit Extra & Twix, Brand s t ewardship of Regional Jewel brands such as Maltesers and Airwaves .
One Demand change leader through global transformation , leading linked transformation across content, media and performance (Shopper and Dcom ) to upskill the enterprise , in a way that better enable the scaling our One Demand Performance Squad model, ways of working internally and with agency ecosystems, acting a s a role model for the Region to build on .
Th is role influences at the highest level s of Mars , Inc. while collaborating heavily with the Regional VP Marketing of EU , as well the Global Portfolio VPs and other decision makers that will drive the brands forward .
What are we looking for?
Experiences & Key Knowledge
- Demonstrable breadth of content delivery – Big Brands, Big Stories, Big Clients!
- Inspirational leadership and mind set through transformational change
- A modern/current approach to how big brands are conveyed
- Strong D emonstrated experience in building brands across multiple comms platforms
- Ability to inspire and build people and team capabilities across markets
- Experienced line manager of large teams
- Experience managing and developing collaborative relationship at senior levels
- Proven track record with “C” level executives
- Agency experience and agency management preferred
- Ability to set and achieve goals and manage a Portfolio of Brand projects and priorities.
- EU business experience preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to create strong relationships across internal departments and external agency partners
Education & Professional Qualification
- 15+ years’ experience in relevant brand building and strategic marketing and communications, across markets and diverse cultures
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Business degree qualified
What will be your key responsibilities?
Brand and Content Leadership in EU
- Delivery of annual Communication and brand content for the portfolio, as aligned with EBC
- Management of non-working allocated budget, including agency retainer and production scopes
- Leadership and Collaboration across agencies/markets
- Lead with data-led decision making. Measure, track and share learnings for codification including ROI
- Cross functional leadership driving 360-degree campaigns with internal brand teams, PR, social, media, shopper/ dcomm etc
- Deploy and uphold global WoW such as Integrated Brand Experiences, agency model mix, G&G
- Active leader in engaging RP and relevant EULT members as needed
Global and Regional Brand Stewardship
- Lead Brand S tewardship of Global OEFY and Twix , as well as for all Regiona l jewel brands (Malt esers and Airwaves) – including brand compass, architecture, design, stewardship community, global guidelines and governance
- Act as brand “north star” to ensure all creative executions reflect current purpose, look and feel
- Build and manage communications strategy and programming calendar
- Leadership and Collaboration across agencies/markets and cross-functional leads
- Proactively identify opportunities to transform consumer engagement through integrated brand experiences including 1PD, etc.
- Lead in-house digital content hub team ( 5 indirect team members) responsible for all social, site and d/comm content support ing global and regional plans
- Lead the required business transformations adapting to the evolving media & retail landscape with fit for purp o se, compelling content
- Drive new practices and cost efficienc ies in content development to support MW (Mars Wrigley) portfolio optimizing non-working investments
- W ith strategic partners, drive t hought leadership and break through brand communications making MW an industry leader (CPG peer set) attracting the best talent
- Work with the Global Responsible Marketing team ensuring brand safety in EU
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s , SNICKERS , TWIX , MILKY WAY , DOVE , PEDIGREE , ROYAL CANIN , WHISKAS , EXTRA , ORBIT , 5 , SKITTLES , BEN’S ORIGINAL , and COCOAVIA . Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals , BluePearl , Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA and Pet Partners . Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 125,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.