The Greenway Hotel & Spa
Are you looking for a work placement in a quality-led and guest focused environment, where no two days are the same? Are you currently studying for a degree in Hospitality Management or Travel and Tourism?Our placements of 6 months+, are the perfect platform for students looking to springboard their career gaining credible experience within the luxury hotel market.
What youll be doing?
Whether you are studying Hospitality or a Business-related degree programme, our placements will give you a host of experiences designed to compliment your studies. We can offer placements in Food & Beverage, Front Office or create a bespoke placement which covers all areas within the hotel, albeit with longer periods in F&B or Front Office. Dependant on the duration of placement you require.
Within Food & Beverage, you will start as a team member, you will be responsible for delivering high standards of service within our Restaurants/Brasseries (we hold 2-3 rosettes in each of our hotels), creating fantastic memories and experiences for our guests.
This hands-on role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills in interactions with both guests and team members, shadowing others whilst growing your confidence before taking on increased responsibilities.
What youll need?
To be successful you will be passionate about working for a collection of hotels who pride ourselves on providing the wow factor for both guests and members, and is renowned for the highest standards of customer service.
You will be a great communicator as well as a good listener and be capable of building great relationships with colleagues.
It goes without saying that a positive can do attitude is essential, along with a good sense of humour, team spirit, as well as a rea land evident passion for the industry.Any current customer facing experience, particularly within a similar environment may help set you apart from other candidates but isnt essential we want to be wowd by your passion, commitment and drive to learn as much as possible to help support your education and future career in hospitality.
What to expect?
Youll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where well expect you to be hungry to learn more. You will be working a minimum of 40 hours per week, across 5 days. Our early shifts start from 6am and late shifts will finish from11pm onwards. Our hotels are busiest on Fri-Sunday, and so you should be prepared to work regular weekends.
Whats in it for you?
We are proud to offer great places to work with our teams at the heart of all we do we lead with a values led approach towards based on Heart, Honesty, Spirit and Team, which were written by our people for our people.
Our bespoke Eden Extras benefits platform offers:
- Enhanced annual leave – 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service;
- Fairly distributed Service Charge/Gratuities paid monthly;
- Discounts and cashback across 800 high street and food retailers, gyms, days out, restaurants/takeaways and utilities.
- Access to our wellbeing centre with Hello Fresh Recipes, fitness videos and money management tools;
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Electric Vehicle Lease Scheme;
- Health plans for dental, optical, alternative health care + 24 hour GP access;
- Discounted stays, spa treatments, golf and leisure access across EHC properties;
- Support via our Wellbeing Strategy based on Money, Mind, Body & Heart; anything from financial wellbeing to domestic violence and family friendly policies; we genuinely CARE about our people;
- Access to Eden Engage our employee portal with regular team news;
- Grow with us via apprenticeships and bespoke leadership programmes RISE & THRIVE;
- Enhanced family friendly policies- we want to help you feel fully supported during any significant life events.
- Return to work financial support for those returning from maternity leave;
- Youll also get free parking, meals on duty, uniform etc.but you already knew that, right?
Our culture focuses on collaboration so we regularly involve our teams in helping to shape this via:
– An opinion that counts.regular surveys and forums that ask YOU for YOUR opinion;
– A You said, we did approach so that you know were taking your feedback seriously;
– A commitment to Sustainability & Wellbeing with employee champions in every hotel & HQ;
Eden Hotel Collection is a passionate advocate of providing equitable workplaces, as such we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to EHC.