We are Fowler Welch - a multi award winning supply chain specialist working with retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers across the UK. We live by a simple set of values: to delight our customers, maximise our efficiency, be socially responsible and to promote being an employer of choice.
We are now recruiting for a Transport Administrator on a full time, permanent basis at our Teynham site.
Shift: Sunday to Wednesday, 07.00 - 19.00
Salary: £22,200 - £26,047 (depending on experience)
The role-holder will be required to be responsible for and undertake the following tasks:
- Ensuring the timely dispatch of drivers at front desk
- Tracking all deliveries from the depot to customer locations
- Tracking deliveries using the ISOTRAK system, telephoning drivers and subcontractors
- Issuing, checking and signing required driver paperwork upon leaving depot
- Ensuring customers are informed of late or delayed deliveries using the relevant contact method (automated electronic, email and telephone)
- Debriefing drivers upon return to depot
- Completing accident, incident and near-miss reporting paperwork
- Providing support to drivers for call-outs and breakdowns
- Supporting drivers in completing the defect procedure
- Building and maintaining Automatic System Notifications (ASN's)
- Matching ASN's to load on-screen while ensuring compliance at all times
This list is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake other duties.
- Previous experience working in busy office environment and in an administrative capacity
- Proficient use of Microsoft packages
- Thoroughness/attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of EU regulations and Working Time Directive or willingness to learn
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work
- Ability to work with a range of individuals and as a part of the team
- Previous experience of working in a transport / distribution / logistics environment
- Previous experience using Tachomaster or equivalent system
In return, we offer:
- Free Fowler Welch Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free life insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary.
- Competitive pension scheme
- 'Cycle 2 Work' Scheme - save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike and necessary equipment.
- Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees - monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers.
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to and begin your career today