Trainee Sales Executive - Toyota Product Genius
Are you a driven, enthusiastic and motivated individual? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment? Can you deliver world class customer service?
If the answer is yes to the above then we want to hear from you! Our Toyota Dealership in Gillingham near Medway is looking to recruit a new Trainee Sales Executive to join as their Toyota Product Genius.
About the position
To be highly knowledgeable Toyota product specialists that aim to create a new retail experience for the customer, assisting their colleagues when required and providing invaluable technical back-up to all departments when required.
The aim of this role is to improve the customers experience and enhance the relationship between the Sales Executive and customer. Across the sales and service environments and help improve customer satisfaction
The aim is that when a customer walks into our facility, you will be able to deal with any enquiry that they may have and be fully confident in being able to deal with them.
- The "genius bar" approach will give Toyota customer the opportunity to increase the number of contact points with the customer, while increasing services and customer service. An exceptional retail experience is what Group 1 aims for.
- The Product Geniuses will not only know the technical specifications of the range of cars such as horsepower and engine displacements, but will also be highly trained in areas such as the technology, connected, safety features and all features and functions that are available. They should have a good knowledge of how Hybrid and Electric technology works.
- As technology advances, it is essential that the Product Genius remains abreast of all developments and is confidently able to demonstrate technical features and benefits when called upon. This would also include taking customers out for extended test-drives when appropriate.
- The Product Genius will contact all customers within 24 hours of delivery of a new/used car and offer assistance if required on connected services.
- Be on hand and visible at all other times to be able to provide technical advice working alongside the Sales Executives.
- Offer technical advice and assistance to waiting service customers.
- Be on hand during busy periods on reception if required, and take ownership of technical queries that can be easily explained.
- Carries out a pre-handover check of all new/used cars to ensure that only the technical based systems are working correctly.
- Ensures that all showroom display cars are regularly charged up in accordance with Retail Standard and displaying plates and all the correct co2 and tax information.
- Make sure that all demonstrator car are cleaned, fuelled and ready for customers to test drive.
- Passes on knowledge to Sales Execs by having demonstration lessons on all new technologies as they enter the range.
- Any other reasonable task that is given to you by a Line Manager or the Dealer Principal.
- Identify customer needs through relevant questioning and listening techniques.
- To take every customers details and enter them straight on to dealerweb ensuring marketing permissions are clarified.
- To undertake training as agreed by the manager/supervisor.
About our requirements
We expect you to demonstrate some skills that will prove very beneficial in the position, including:
- Customer awareness.
- Negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Full driving license.
The Group 1 Automotive network is a well-established and growing automotive group in the UK, with offices also in America and Brazil. Group 1 Automotive is the 10 th largest dealer group in the UK, representing Barons Group, Beadles, and Think Ford. All dealerships in the Group 1 Automotive network offer fantastic career opportunities, state of the art resources, training and competitive earnings packages.
If you see yourself in the above position and would like to find out more about what it is like to be part of the Group 1 family, we'd like you to apply now!