Trade Marketing Manager
Elior Support Services
Advert Closing Date:
Salary:up to £55,000 Per annum
Location:Cheapside, London, EC2V 6JP
We are looking for an engaging and confident individual to join our fantastic marketing leadership team, creating and implementing opportunities to deliver income into the business through Trade Marketing and Partnership activities.
In this role, you will ensure a variety of levers are used to negotiate joint business plans to deliver marketing activity which both secures existing agreed income and also identifies and delivers opportunities for incremental investment.
Your key responsibilities as the Trade Marketing Manager will consist of:
- Negotiating and planning trade marketing activities ensuring all bankable income is maximised and delivered
- Maintain a tracker of all activity showing performance vs budget
- Manage invoicing process with the finance team to ensure all agreed income is invoiced in a timely manner
- Ensure delivery of activity plans for all key suppliers within parameters of existing marketing budgets
- Build trade marketing relationships with new suppliers to provide opportunities to grow their investment into Elior beyond standard contractual A&P budgets
- Identify, commercialise and deliver new opportunities for supplier and partner investment into Elior
- Create contact plans with key suppliers to build relationships within their marketing and event marketing teams to unlock incremental opportunities
- Engage senior internal and external stakeholders for sign off of key activity
- Manage promotional plan and identify new opportunities for incremental promotional activity
- Identify potential third party partners to deliver incremental benefit to the business eg reward & loyalty programmes. Ensure all potential opportunities are modelled and commercial benefit is clearly evident as well as operationally robust to secure senior level sign off
- Ensure all key activities are commercially and operationally audited and reviewed and any implementation issues are addressed by the team
- Monitor competitor and brand partner activity
Working Pattern: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Skills and Experience
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Trade Marketing Manager include:
- Outstanding negotiation skills and highly commercial
- Excellent presentation skills - written and verbal with good attention to detail
- A minimum of 4 years in a retail business or purchasing team
- Superb influencing skills at all levels
- Professional and pragmatic team player
- Proficient on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise effectively whilst working at pace
- Able to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Ability to develop innovative ideas, refine and operationalise
- Focused, tenacious, and resilient
- Innovative and bold - able to find new ways of doing things, challenge the status quo, take an entrepreneurial approach (measured risk, high reward)
- Ability to build and work to a solid plan to achieve goals but not afraid to adapt to changes to take advantage of opportunities and quick wins as they arise
- Negotiation training and experience (preferably CIPS)
- Experience of delivering profit targets
- Ability to drive decision-making through analysis and based on evidence, rather than intuition
- Good understanding of the impact of external factors on growth, including competition and seasonality
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to up to £55,000, plus a 15% performance related bonus.
This role also comes with single healthcare cover, company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 33 days holiday - pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
Why it's Great to Work for Us
Elior UK has been recognised for a variety of awards such as CSR and chef development programmes which demonstrate the passion and creativity of our great team.
For all our colleagues we offer a range of discounts such as EE mobile contracts, Nissan vehicles, and lots more offers on leisure and entertainment, gyms and restaurants.
We focus on our colleagues and hold an annual Elior Award event, issue rewards for recognition every month plus deliver a varied portfolio of development programmes. We offer additional leave for charity work and provide a Colleague Support Programme for health & wellbeing advice.
Elior foster and believe in a diverse workplace, free from discrimination, which leads to an enjoyable and supportive environment.
All you need is an updated CV and cover letter, we'll do the rest.
Facebook: Elior Careers Instagram: elior_uk
Any internal colleagues applying for this role, please be advised that new terms and conditions will apply.
Our head office, in Macclesfield and our newly refurbished office in the heart of London, provide inspirational, welcoming, and supportive environments where people thrive. Both offices offer open communal spaces with excellent catering facilities, lunch subsidies and complimentary refreshments and snacks.
At Elior we're enriching lives, everywhere, every day. Feeding children in schools, loved ones in hospitals and care homes, sports fans in stadiums, visitors in heritage sites and teams in the workplace.
We are a multi-award-winning global player in the hospitality sector, founded in 1991 with over 105,000 colleagues worldwide, serving over 4 million guests every day. In the UK, our dedicated team serve our customers across 1200 locations.
Because of our success and stability, we can offer you excellent career opportunities where you will be nurtured and supported to fulfil your potential. We are renowned for looking after our people, with 87% of our colleagues feeling proud to work with us, and we are committed to delivering delicious and healthy food, which is ethically sourced.
And we're committed to looking after the planet, supporting the community, cutting food waste and supporting wellbeing. We've lots to shout about with our strong and united approach in tackling many important global sustainability issues.
Interested? Click the 'Apply for Vacancy' button at the top of this advert.