As a Test Item Controller, you'll work as part of the Test Item (TI) receipt group to ensure the safe receipt, storage, controlled issue and discard of all Test Items and Biological Agents received at SGS Vitrology Limited.
- Receipt, storage, controlled issue and discard of all Test Items and Biological Agents received at SGS Vitrology Limited in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work with TI group, Project Manager and clients to ensure timely receipt of samples, allowing operations to schedule work in the most productive manner
- Perform shipments of samples for subcontracted tests as required, at the request of operations
- Provide administrative support to sales staff and project management as required.
- Issuing of all reports and supporting data (Electronic and Hard Copies), being aware of the sensitive nature of said data and ensuring it is distributed in accordance with legislation.
- Use of SGS Vitrology Client Relationship Manager (VCRM), where appropriate
- Perform all duties and tasks in accordance with relevant Good Manufacturing and Good Laboratory Practice guidelines and SGS Vitrology Health and Safety requirements.
To be successful in this role, you'll need previous experience working in a client facing role, working with proprietary data and sensitive information, you'll show excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at any given time.
In addition to the above you'll also need to demonstrate the following;
- IT skills, for example Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems
- Minimum 5 GCSEs or equivalent - with preference to English, Maths and Science
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
- Biologics safety background
- Experience in Life Sciences
- Experience of working within a GMP/GLP laboratory
- Any relevant Scientific HNC or equivalent
As Test Item Controller, you'll receive a competitive salary based on experience, plus you'll benefit from a 10% performance bonus, retail discount scheme, private health cover after 1 years' service, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
- Job Title: Test Item Controller
Job Type: Permanent
- Hours: 35 per week
- Job Location: Glasgow
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days...... click apply for full job details