SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.Job Description
- Job Title: Technical Sales Executive
- Job Type: Permanent
- Hours: 40 per week
- Job Location: Manchester
As the Technical Sales Executive, you'll receive a salary of between £30,000 and £40,000, depending on experience, plus company car, you'll also benefit from a 15% performance bonus, retail discount scheme, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
As the Technical Sales Executive you will be responsible for contributing to achieving sales revenue and financial targets for IND services, as well as assisting in the technical delivery where appropriate and manage client relationship as an interface between the laboratory team and client.
- Undertake relevant research activities to identify new business opportunities and achieve business and budget targets.
- Work with the local UK management to help define sales plans and account plans to grow SGS revenue and profit for designated areas.
- Secure and attend client meetings along with relevant technical staff and managers to build customer relationships and secure new business.
- Contribute to the timely submission of all customer-requested commercial data, particularly quotations and tenders, working independently to achieve deadlines, presenting the most efficient business processes to internal managers and customers.
- Travel both within UK and overseas to meet with both clients and SGS colleagues as required to ensure delivery of business growth
- Maintain good working relationships with operational management and the functions to ensure customer requirements are met and new services and contracts can be integrated easily into the existing IND business.
To be successful in this role, you'll need extensive and recent experience working in a sales environment (preferably within the Industrial Sector), successfully tendering for new business, contracts or extensions, you'll ideally have a background within a metallurgical laboratory environment, with critical understanding of testing requirements and client requirements.
In addition to the above you'll also need to demonstrate the following;
- Qualified to degree-level or equivalent in a science discipline, preferably metallurgy or materials science
- Full Driving licence for use in the UK
- Ability to confidently and professionally present business concepts to an audience in a presentation environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written at all levels
- Develop and maintain good working relationship despite working in a demanding, target driven environment.
- Ability to identify and capitalise on business development opportunities to generate new business
- Ability to contribute to writing, appraising and negotiating detailed contracts and commercial agreements
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days...... click apply for full job details