Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Technical Manager
Location: Suffolk , Bury St Edmunds, Stowmarket, Cambridge, Thetford
Salary: c£40-45k, Pension, Monday - Friday
We are looking for a Technical Manager/Technical Compliance Manager to join a talented team. It's a great opportunity to develop your career, managing a team within with this highly innovative business working who supply the major retailers with award winning Ready to Eat Products.( It's not meat ! )
- You will have a significant technical/ quality management experience driving standards and developing team members in a food manufacturing environment
- Solid experience of BRC and strong QMS experience is essential
- Contributing to continuous improvement from a technical standpoint
- Ideally experience of high care/high skill is essential
- Able to influence effectively at all levels and cross functionally, external
- Site and statutory training
You will report to the Head of Technical , as the Technical Compliance Manager you will have the Quality Manager and Technical Services Manager reporting to you, your role is key to the continued success of site.
- Design, development and implementation of site Quality Management System to assure production of safe, legal food of the desired quality and to satisfy the requirements of business and customer standards, codes of practice and third party assurance schemes.
- Design, development and implementation of site Quality Management System to assure compliance with animal welfare legislative requirements, group and customer animal welfare requirements and those of third party assured welfare schemes.
- Development of Quality Management System to enable transcription to paperless system
- Co-ordination of delivery of the Internal audit program to assess compliance with food safety, quality and animal welfare standards, and to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Management of customer complaint process, and performance reports internally and externally
- Production of customer technical specifications, maintenance of customer technical information systems and provision of technical specification expertise and support
- Manage direct reports ensuring training and development plans are in place
- Co-ordination of 3rd party audit activity including corrective actions post audit
- Deputise for Quality Manager and or Technical Manager as required.
- Key participant in external audits
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to consultant Maxime Cable at Silven - quoting ref MC or call Max on for a confidential discussion.
Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the Health &Safety Standards/policy.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to quoting ref 2115 or call me on for a confidential discussion...... click apply for full job details