At Tarmac, 'who you are' matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Technical Advisor to join our friendly Landfill & Recycling team.
This is a home based role with regular travel coveringEastAnglia, London, Swindon and Reading area.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it is important that our people come from a variety of different backgroundsMain Responsibilities
Reporting directly to Regional Landfill & Recycling Manager, you will be responsible for the technical aspects of landfill and recovery sites. You will support the operational teams in line with site specific conditions relating to waste, planning of future phasing and breaches. You will reduce liability and risk to the Tarmac business on the L&R sites through effective audits and training in line with Tarmac's procedures and relevant external legislation.
This will be achieved by:
- Being an ambassador for the Tarmac Way
- Working with all key stakeholders to provide a joined-up approach across the regional business and central functions.
- Building strong relationships with key customers so that we can exceed their expectations, respond to their feedback and deliver first class customer service.
- Embracing and embedding business optimisation initiatives and continually improve performance standards of waste acceptance
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience working in a Technical role ideally within Waste, Landfill or Recycling enviroment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and develop strong relationships internally and externally
- Effective under pressure and in conflict resolution
- Confident communications skills; listening
- Proven track record of delivery.
- Drive to achieve excellence, including industry leading standards in waste management.
- Effective decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Inert Waste Management
- Planning and organisation skills.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days of holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?..... click apply for full job details