About the Department
This role sits within IAG Connect, a group connectivity business that has created the .air platform, used to provide digital services inflight across British Airways, Iberia, LEVEL and Vueling. The .air Wi-Fi Portal allows customers onboard flights to purchase Wi-Fi and consume other services available. IAG Connect also develops the seatback interactive solution in use across BA, Iberia and LEVEL. With a future roadmap to exploit opportunities including content, media, advertising and retail it's an exciting time to join the team.
About the role
The focus of the Tech Lead role will be on delivery and ongoing improvement of the .air platform. We're looking for candidates who have the following experience and skills:
- strong technical background coupled with demonstrable experience in developing scalable, high quality and high-performance software products based on business requirements.
- experience in developing solutions in multiple languages and platforms, have strong knowledge of APIs, architecture, AWS and content management systems.
- comfortable architecting the solution, looking at feasibility and technical constraints, ensuing the system architecture and technology stack will support the intended product and enable the overall platform goals.
- as well as architecture. the candidate should be comfortable developing solutions themselves when required. They should work well with key decision-makers, product owners, business owners and designers as well as technical customers and stakeholders.
What you'll be doing?
- Deliver both technical leadership and development of the .air platform
- Work closely with stakeholders to deliver against the agreed roadmap
- Build the technical team and operating a Dev-Ops model to support the platform
- Provide technical leadership, direction and support where required within wider product teams
- Ownership of current architecture within the team and responsibility for integration with 3rd parties and other product teams across the group
- Technically hands on, developing software development (i.e. actual coding of solutions)
- Create and maintain technical documentation for solutions developed
- Use your experience of lean, product & customer centric businesses to optimise process within the team
- Work with the IAG Connect team to assess product opportunities and recommend the best solution
- Engage with enterprise and information and software architects to confirm solutions are consistent with the long-term architecture, roadmaps and information principles where necessary
What we're looking for?
- Passionate about delivering customer value
- Committed to delivering agility and passionate for innovation; Creative and keen to bring new ideas to the organisation
- Be a leader and excellent communicator
- Keen to learn and the ability to learn fast
- Obsessed with technology, with a good understanding of the wider landscape and innovations that could benefit our business in both the short and long-term
- You will become the team's technical evangelist, with the ability to evolve the architecture; being able to advise and lead all aspects of technical development
- Self-motivated with uncompromising attention to detail
- A problem solver and collaborator who loves a good challenge
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- A sense of urgency, humility and a drive to make others successful
Key skills, qualifications, expertise and experience
- Significant experience as a developer or software engineer
- Ability to design the architecture of SW solutions applying:
- Design patterns
- SOA (Microservices, ques etc)
- Highly available and highly scalable principles
- Experience in building and leading an agile team running Dev-Ops
- Solid experience of developing microservices and domain modelling
- Technical release management
- Steward the feasibility of design
- Proficiency at generating high quality technical documentation
- Highly familiar with continuous integration and collaboration tools such as JIRA
- Comfortable in a high demand technical role
- Proficient in Spanish and English (spoken and written)
- Experience in a start-up is desirable
- Aviation industry experience is an advantage
Proficient knowledge of and skills in:
- BE: Java, Spring framework, NodeJS, Express, Python
- Testing: Selenium, Cucumber, Appium, Zephyr
- Infra: AWS, Microservices, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, DNS, SSL
- CI/CD: Git (Gitlab), Bitrise, Groovy, Jenkins, Nexus
- General: Atlassian Jira, Confluence
What we can offer you?
- Excellent benefits including performance-related annual bonus, company pension, private health care, travel insurance and life assurance
- One non-contractual management 'Annual Bookable Travel Concession' for employee, partner and dependants after 6 months service
- Exciting global travel industry discounts including flights with hotels, rail, cruises & tour operators also available through travel providers
- After a qualifying period (6 months) you will be eligible to unlimited standby and premium standby fares for you and your nominees on the full BA network and numerous other partner airlines
- Discounts on British Airways flights and holidays from day one for you, your friends and family
- 25 days annual leave, plus 2 days charity leave
- New Joiner Avios/Birthday Avios/Thank you Avios
About IAG Loyalty
Inclusion and diversity are integral to the success of IAG Loyalty. We continuously encourage an organisational culture where colleagues with varying perspectives, life experiences and backgrounds can work together to achieve their and the organisation's potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
Please note that the location of this role is London, however currently our Head Office employees are working from home due to current Covid-19 restrictions and recommended guidelines. We're also in the process of changing our London office and so the new location will be confirmed in due course.
Want to find out more and apply? Please click on the link and you will be taken to the IAG Loyalty/Avios careers site...... click apply for full job details