As a Team Manager with East of England Co-op, you will have a real opportunity to realise your own potential whilst making a positive difference to your team and local community.
The role of Team Manager is an integral part of the store's management team. You will work alongside the Branch Manager to drive high standards and excellent service in your Subway outlet, meeting the needs of our customers and maximising opportunities for success!
We believe this is best achieved through having a skilled, engaged and diverse team. As Team Manager, you will be responsible for helping colleagues to realise their full potential through regular feedback, coaching and support.
Not only will you make an impact on colleagues, but you will also have the chance to influence those living in your store's community through supporting local causes and events.
Food retail is fast-paced and constantly evolving; you are unlikely to have two days the same and this is what makes working in our stores exciting! You don't need to have worked in this environment before, but you'll need to show that you can adapt, prioritise and make quick, smart decisions. We are truly local, so you can work safe in the knowledge that you will be fully supported by nearby stores and Head Office colleagues, as well as your in-store team.
· Day to day responsibility for the Subway outlet
· Leading your team and getting involved with all aspects of people management
· Ensure that your branch is at the top of its game, offering great standards and delivering excellent customer service that represent both the East of England Co-op and Subway brands
· Make sure that your outlet is operating safe and legally (including food hygiene procedures)
· Build relationships with other stores and colleagues and the local community
· Promoting membership
· Deputising for your Branch Manager as required
The Ideal Candidate
· Ability to support and motivate others
· Flexible, hard-working and confident
· Great interpersonal and communication skills
· Friendly, with a genuine commitment to great customer service
· Good understanding/level of numeracy, literacy and IT
Experience of leading a team would be great but not essential as we are more focused on hearing from people whose values and personality fit our business.
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our colleague discount scheme (including 10% off in our Foodstores) - these are just a few benefits of working for us! Full details can be viewed on the 'Colleague benefits' section of our website.
You will also benefit from our award-winning 'Know-How' training programme, helping you to achieve your true potential as a Team Manager. Should you have your sights on career progression in the future, we've supported lots of our colleagues through Apprenticeships and to develop into managerial and professional roles.
Part Time - 28 hours per week
We're here to serve our communities when they need us, so our colleagues are required to cover a number of different shifts across our trading hours, which include early mornings, evenings and weekends. We promote flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss different ways of working (please indicate your availability within your application)...... click apply for full job details