Support Worker (Part Time)
Service: Learning Disabilities
Location: Based between 2 sites near Norwich, including Stracey Road, Buxton
Hours: 10 hours per week (flexible)
Please note that you must have your own vehicle as public transport isn't available.
Our Supported Living services enable people to live as independently as possible in a home of their own. This usually means a small group of people sharing a house with their own secure tenancy, with care and support tailored to meet their individual needs.
One of our priorities is to make sure each person we support is matched with staff they can relate to, so we involve them in the selection process in a way they feel comfortable. This ranges from being part of a recruitment panel to meeting potential staff over a coffee in an informal environment.
We are looking for our Support Worker to have:
• Empathy, caring and sensitivity to the needs of others
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community is desirable, however, is not essential, as we offer full training for all of our staff.
• Computer Literacy
• Car driver desirable but not essential
Our Support Worker will carry out the following duties:
• You will be supporting individuals to live the life they want within their community in which they live, to build positive relationships and to reach their potential
• Social and emotional support, either at home and/or in their local community
• Supporting service users with their personal care support including personal hygiene needs if required
• Support with their shopping, assist with budgeting
• Building/maintaining relationship with friends and family
• Household tasks including cooking, cleaning and laundry
• Going out for walks, meals and other activities that supported individuals may want to experience.
In return for your hard work, we offer our Support Worker:
• All staff is entitled to 5.6 weeks (28.0 days pro rata for hours worked) annual leave per annum. No additional leave is given for bank holidays.
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more.
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability.
We know this is a challenging role, so we are hoping to find resilient people who can see this as more than job - this is a chance to make a real difference, that will not only enrich someone else's life but also yours. We are looking for hard-working and committed people to join their team...... click apply for full job details