When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Health and Social care workers are now classed as "key workers" so this role will allow your children a place in school or nursery to help with your childcare whilst at work Support Worker
Location - Preston (PR1)
Hours: Full-Time or Part-Time hours available (Options: 24, 36, 42 or 48 hours available) Shifts: Days, Nights, Mixed or Bank.If you are an exceptionally caring person and want a role in health care where you can make a difference but also expand on your knowledge and skills, then the Support Worker careers at our new purpose built home in Preston could be of interest. We are not a standard care provider but a bespoke person centred care facility, when fully occupied the home will have one of the best staffing levels in the area with the average staffing ratio for an Exemplar home being 6 Support workers to every nurse. About the home. Ribble View is now open and supporting young adults with mental health and/or physical disabilities, so if you have had previous experience in these fields or worked with challenging behaviours we would love to hear from you. Key duties:
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care.
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, and dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times.
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users.
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group.
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments.
- On occasion, welcome and train new members into your care team.
- Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care are desirable.
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards - retail discounts and vouchers.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 3-day induction program.
- Pension plan.
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per referral