Support Worker - Surrey and Hampshire DCA - £9.51 per hour
Voyage Care are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic Support Worker into our supported living homes in the Guildford area. This role will be predominantly based in Guildford but you will be asked to also work in Hindhead and Camberley as per the needs of the services.
As a Support Worker with Voyage Care you will be working with people who have varying degrees of learning disabilities, physical disabilities and mental health needs. You will be promoting independence and supporting them to lead a life that is fulfilling as possible by enabling them to participate in social based activities and day to day tasks.
Voyage Care are able to offer both full and part time roles which will be a mixture of early, late and long day shifts as well as wake and sleep nights.
Benefits to a career with Voyage Care:
- Competitive rates of pay
- A clearly defined career path if you are looking to progress
- A mixture of in house training and nationally recognised qualifications (such as the level 3 in Health & Social Care) fully paid for by us
- Paid DBS & Holidays
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend from now £250-£750 T&C's Apply
- Flexibility. This is a shift based role that will include working on weekends and bank holidays so flexibility is essential.
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service and a genuine desire to help people
- A passion for getting the people we support out into the community and supporting them to do various activities and job roles, all the while promoting their independence
- The ability to work well within a team
- The ability to work to robust, clear guide lines
- Able to work sleep in shifts
- A driver with own vehicle is essential for this role
What does a Support Worker role look like on a day to day basis:
- Helping people to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping people to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting people with all aspects of personal care where required but always promoting as much independence as possible. Personal care may include: washing/bathing, dressing, continence care, using the toilet
- Help the people we support to manage their own money.
- Supporting people with the activities they enjoy, which can include; shopping, swimming, horse riding, trampolining, holidays, walks, activity centres, zoos, cinema, music sessions and much more.
- Working in a supportive manner with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list. Should your employment with Voyage Care terminate for any reason within the first 3 months of your employment start date, the full cost of the DBS will be repayable back to us. Deducted from your final salary...... click apply for full job details