*Are you looking to make a positive difference to people's lives?*
*Position: Support Worker*
*Salary: £9.90 to £10.25 per hour*
*Service: Supported Living , Caldicott, Newport*
* Dedicated career ladder, development and progression opportunities
* Free DBS
* Life assurance benefit of twice annual basic salary
* Wagestream - Avoid bank fees and withdraw up to 40% of your wages as you earn them before payday via the Wagestream app.
* Comprehensive induction and excellent training
* Recognition Awards, including long service awards, team and individual awards
* Cycle to work Scheme
* Refer a friend scheme - Receiving up to £500 per referral
* Employee benefits platform providing discounts at over 150 retailers
* Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice
* Health & Wellbeing portal
* Blue Light card Reimbursement
* Reimbursement of Social Care Wales registration fee
*About the Role*
The service is a new initiative, providing support to 3 individuals to live independently in their own shared house.Each of the individuals has profound multiple learning disabilities and additional complex needs and this will be the first time they have lived independently and we want to make it the most successful and positive experience for them and their families and we are looking for people that want to be a part of their journey and join our team.Close to the city of Newport, the house is ideally situated to ensure that individuals are able to participate fully in community life despite the challenges they may face arising from the complexity of their presenting needs.You'll be responsible for supporting an inclusive lifestyle within the community as individuals attend local colleges or day trips out. Develop greater independence and daily living skills by assisting with the upkeep of the home, preparing meals, shopping and domestic duties. Providing help with personal care such as washing, bathing and dressing whilst working across various shift patterns including early, late and weekend or night shifts. Full time and part time positions are available.If you enjoy working as part of a team, are patient and caring with a positive attitude and are looking to join a growing organisation with great benefits, we would love to hear from you. You may be new to care, already have experience in the social care sector or the NHS as a Mental Health Support Worker, Care Worker, Healthcare Assistant or Care Assistant. We also recruit for attitude and personality so, if you don't have all the right skills, we can provide a full induction, relevant training and the support you need to get the most from your role.It is a requirement that all workers within the Health and Social Care Sector are registered with Social Care Wales. Consensus Support Services will reimburse you the registration fee of £30.
We employ people who share in our values so we can ensure the highest standards of support for the people who live in our homes, their families and the commissioners we work with.
* *Choice & Respect, Ambition & Imagination, Reliability & Professionalism*
* *Honesty & Integrity, Responsibility & Accountability, Inclusive & Supportive*
As a leading provider, our commitment to delivering the highest standards of support within our services is nationally recognised and validated by the many awards we receive, the consistently high ratings we receive from national regulators and our ethos of continuous improvement.
*Want to hear more about the role? Call our dedicated in-house recruitment team on .*
"We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age"
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.90-£10.25 per hour
* Company pension
* Cycle to work scheme
* Flexible schedule
* Referral programme
* Wellness programmes
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability