Homes for Students
Homes for Students is a market leader in managing independent purpose built student accommodation (PBSA) The Company, since it was formed in October 2015, has secured 40,000 bed spaces across 160 properties with more than 50 different clients.
We are looking for a Students Transaction Administrator to join our Finance team based in Harrogate, working 40 hours per week, from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Purpose of the role:
Working within the Finance Team, the Student Transaction Administrator will be responsible for providing financial administration and processing student transaction related tasks. This will directly support Finance, Operations, Property Teams, and HFS Students. This will involve the day-to-day management of workload, to KPI and SLA, and quality standards across a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities.
- Work Order Management
- Payment Processing
- Refund Processing
- Kinetics Account Adjustments
- Deposit Management Processing Uploading, Refunding and Retaining Deposits
- Debt Management Processing
- Other admin/adhoc support and projects as required.
- Act as point of contact/SME to Property Teams regarding Student Transaction processes and training support
- Email and query management both internally and externally with students
- Data Inputting and manipulation of data
- Support Property Managers and Area Manager through regular calls and meeting attendance (as required)
- Make regular visits to properties to support the operations teams with finance administration and preparing for internal auditing
The above outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the position, however, this cannot be comprehensive and other duties, as directed by the company, and within the job holders capabilities may be required. The duties will evolve and be modified by changes within the company.
Skills & Experience :
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Accuracy, efficiency, and an eye for detail is essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience with spreadsheets and email/workflow management.
- Good communications skills, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Starter Finisher (take ownership and see things through to completion).
- Experience of working in a high volume, transactional processing environment is highly desired.
- Customer Service Experience.
- Working with 3rd Party Service providers and systems.
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office packages etc)
- Experience of working with data management systems and booking systems
- Experience of working within a hospitality or accommodation setting such as a hotel or student accommodation
- Generous holiday package of 25 days, plus bank holidays.
- Access to a range of exclusive retail discounts to make your money go further.
- Take your special day off! Enjoy your birthday with a well-deserved break from work.
- Car leasing scheme to make your commute comfortable and convenient.
- Stay active and eco-friendly with our cycle-to-work scheme.
- Make a difference in the community with 2 charity days per annum.
- Flexibility regarding remote working