Are you a Structural Engineer looking for your next challenge?
Do you have experience working in Solidworks and AutoCAD?
Looking for an opportunity to work with an in-house construction team?
Who are we?
Clear Channel UK is one of the UK’s largest Out of Home media and infrastructure companies, operating more than 35,000 advertising sites nationwide and employing 600+ people in 13 locations.
Our mission is To Create the Future of Media, transforming our estate to the benefit of all our stakeholders, through data-driven innovations and infrastructure.
About the role
The engineering team takes responsibility for all aspects of pre-construction including structural design of both our large and small format, outdoor digital advertisement structures and assets.
The team provide an internal technical service to support construction and operation of conventional structures utilising standard steel sections, reinforced concrete, masonry etc as well as small, complex street furniture structures such as bus shelters composed almost entirely of bespoke engineered components.
We are looking to recruit a Structural Engineer within our Construction Department, this position is a fixed term contract for 9-12 months, to cover maternity leave.
What you’ll be doing
- Detailed design and analysis of steel, masonry and reinforced concrete structures in accordance with prevailing Eurocodes, British and other relevant Standards and guidelines.
- Designing below ground foundations taking account of geotechnical site conditions
- Designing non-standard, complex structures and components
- Designing structures supported entirely by existing masonry buildings
- Developing design solutions which consider construction techniques, operation, maintenance and health and safety
- Formulate design solutions, recommend materials, systems and methods, produce detailed design supported by structural analysis and calculations, summarised and presented within concise technical reports.
- Producing design documents such as drawings, specifications, instructions etc with sufficient detail and clarity to facilitate construction and brief installation teams.
- Resolving site installation issues and technical queries from installation and construction teams
- Working primarily in a ‘desk based’ role but occasional site visits to carryout surveys, structural assessments, provide technical support, structural and quality checks during and after installation.
What we’re looking for
- Degree Civil / Structural Engineering
- Experienced user of Creo and/or Solidworks
- High competency structural design utilising relevant software (e.g. AutoCAD, CADS, Tekla)
- Previous roles within structural design consultants as well as building/engineering contractors, and/or experience of design & build projects
- Experience designing masonry structures and/or retrofitted additions/fixings into masonry buildings
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations with respect to managing health and safety
- Solutions focussed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage your own time to meet required deadlines
What’s in it for you?
- Salary £38,000 per annum
- Remote working with some time in a local office to you
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme matched to 8%
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Insurance
- Participation in employee discount scheme across hundreds of retailers
- Social events
- Charity days
Does this sound like to role for you?
If the answer is YES, why not apply today!
At Clear Channel UK we believe in fairness and as an equal opportunities employer we work hard to foster an inclusive environment, a place you can truly be yourself and be treated fairly. We focus purely on skills and behaviours so if you'd like the opportunity to help us create the future of media, out of home, we'd like to hear from you