Job title: Strategic Partnership Manager
Employment type: 6 months contract
Industry: social media
Hourly rate: £45-55 (PAYE) + additions
Eligible to work & based in the UK
We are looking for a strategic and results-driven Strategic Partnerships professional who is passionate about the way we can work with technology partners and businesses to build valuable messaging product experiences for people. As a member of this team, you will work closely with our world-class messaging product and engineering teams, collaborate with a global partnerships organization, and manage with some of the world's most influential companies.
In addition to those teams, you will work cross-functionally with the Policy, Legal, Marketing and the Operations teams to develop new capabilities, improve user experience, and make our partners successful. This is a full time position located in our London office and will report into the Head of Messaging Brand Partnerships.
Our client's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people there are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
- Act as primary point of contact for and maintain strong direct relationships with company's key messaging stakeholders, assuming the role of an internal and external advocate for our messaging brand ecosystem.
- Help drive Business Messaging product strategy through strategic partnerships with brands and businesses.
- Foster win-win partnerships between the company and Brands by optimising and improving existing messaging experience to drive higher impact on business metrics.
- Maintain direct and active relationships with portfolio of brands, including proactively resolving of business and technical issues and serving as an internal advocate.
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, business development, policy, legal, marketing, comms and PR to launch and showcase Messenger and Instagram Direct products and partnerships.
- Define market requirements, produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of product performance, aggregate feedback, explore new strategic opportunities, inform the product roadmap with enhanced or new functionality, and ensure product and industry impact - both country-by-country and globally
- Help drive product and platform strategy by informing strategic partnerships with businesses, developers, and leading consumer product organizations
- Represent the company and provide thought leadership in external meetings with executives from other companies.
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, business development, partnerships, policy, legal, marketing, and PR to launch new products and partnerships.
- Displaying the highest personal integrity and ethics.
- Willingness and ability to travel 20% of the time.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with partnerships (preferably in messaging) or directly with marketing, media and/or consulting companies having demonstrated leadership experience.
- Experience defining, developing and leading projects.
- Exceptional industry and business knowledge and expertise.
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building experience - with the experience developing strong working relationships at all levels of management, both internal and external.
- Fluency in English
- Experience with Commerce industry (Retail, eCommerce, Fashion, etc.)
- Deep understanding of social media and communicators and their strategic and competitive positions
- Proven track record of organizational, creative, and strategic-thought leadership
- Experience defining, developing and leading large programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment