Mitie Company is looking for highly skilled Nurses and Paramedics to join our existing Custody healthcare teams working with National Police Forces.
Care & Custody HCPs are RGNs or Paramedics who are qualified Healthcare Professionals working in partnership with 12 National Police Forces, to pro-actively reduce re-offending and care for detainees in police custody. We are looking for exceptional people to join our teams where you can become a key member of a highly respected organisation.
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right
Who we're looking for
- Experience in working with challenging behaviours and vulnerable people (Essential)
- Registered Nurse or Paramedic with at least 2 years of post-qualification experience (Essential)
- Experience of A&E, Primary Care, Substance Misuse, Walk-in or Urgent Care (Desirable)
Duties and responsibilities
- Assessment & care of detainees and staff in custody suites.
- Forensic sampling, including road traffic offence bloods.
- Mental health and substance misuse assessments and management.
- Providing substance misuse therapies whilst in custody.
- Healthcare promotion, brief interventions & self-harm reduction.
- Referrals and Signposting to support wider vulnerabilities the reduction of re-offending.
Training and Benefits
We provide professional development (accredited by Teesside University). Our teams have been developed with this accredited training and taken advantage of career pathway development opportunities in our "HCP Led" service. For exceptional team members looking to progress their skillset within forensics, we will offer opportunities to take your career to the next level. including the opportunity to achieve a The Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine's Licentiate Award and / or PGCert in Advanced Nursing in Forensic Practice. .
We offer a competitive salary in addition to benefits including pension schemes, private medical cover, share schemes and MiDeals discount scheme with over 3000 offers available from your favourite retailers, leisure and utilities companies.
You must have:
- Right to work in the UK
- Continuously resided in the UK for the previous 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
- Full UK driving license.
- Active PIN & full membership of the HCPC (Paramedic), or NMC (RGN) with no restriction on practice.
- Flexibility to move across Nottinghamshire sites as required.
Please note, you may be required to travel around Nottinghamshire Custody Suites as required to cover the healthcare provision within this contract.