Custody Healthcare Professional
South Wales Police - This position will require some travel across 4 sites including Swansea, Bridgend, Cardiff & Merthyr Tydfil. Flexibility to travel is essential.
42 hours per week.
24-hour service delivered as 12hour shifts starting 7 am & 7 pm
Rolling shift pattern of 4 on 4 off.
This role would suit HCP's with experience in A & E, Emergency Care, Triage, Acute or High Dependency Unit or other Primary Care setting.
Using your primary care experience, you'll be able to assess the difference between an uncooperative detainee, a patient lacking medication or a vulnerable adult with a mental health condition.
The role includes:
- Assessment & care of detainees, victims and staff in custody suites.
- Promoting drug rehabilitation therapies whilst in custody
- Healthcare promotion & self-harm reduction
- Signposting to support the reduction of reoffending
- Mental health and substance misuse assessments
- Record Keeping
- Forensic sampling
To join our team and deliver the exceptional every-day, please apply.
Essential to the role:
- Must have Right to Work in the UK
- Have been continuously resident in the UK for the previous 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
- A full UK driving license (manual only)
- Registered Paramedic or Registered General Nurse or Dual qualified RGN / RMN with a minimum of 2 years post-qualifying experience.
- Active PIN & full membership of the HCPC (Paramedic), or NMC (RGN) with no restriction on practice.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Willingness to develop skill set with forensic training
- Flexibility to move across sites as required
In return for your dedication and commitment we offer:
- Mitie Group benefits package including pension schemes, private medical cover, share schemes and discount scheme with 1000's of offers available from retailers, leisure and utilities companies.