Custody Healthcare Professional
South Wales Police - This position will require some travel across 4 sites including Swansea, Bridgend, Cardiff & Merthyr Tydfil. Flexibility to travel is essential.
£34,000 per annum
42 hours per week
24-hour service delivered as day and night shifts
Rolling shift pattern of 4 on 4 off.
Care & Custody - a Mitie Company are looking for highly skilled Nurses and Paramedics with or without forensic experience to join our existing Custody healthcare teams working with South Wales Police.
A & E, Primary Care, Walk in Centre or Urgent Care experience is advantageous but not essential, clinical assessment, autonomous working and confidence in working with challenging behaviours and vulnerable people is a must .If you have these skills, we would love to hear from you.
As a Custody HCP, the role includes:
- Assessment & care of detainees, victims and staff in custody suites.
- Forensic sampling, including road traffic offence bloods.
- Mental health and substance misuse assessments.
- Providing substance misuse therapies whilst in custody.
- Healthcare promotion, brief interventions & self-harm reduction.
- Signposting to support the reduction of re-offending.
- Working collaboratively with Liaison and Diversion colleagues to identify wider vulnerabilities.
Book in a call
If you'd like to know more before applying, please let us know and we'll arrange an information call with a Care & Custody HCP.
Due to Police Vetting, these are essential elements of the role
- Right to Work in the UK
- Continuously resided in the UK for the previous 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Registered Paramedic or Registered General Nurse or Dual qualified RGN / RMN with over 2 years post-qualifying experience.
- Active PIN & full membership of the HCPC (Paramedic), or NMC (RGN) with no restriction on practice.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Willingness to develop skillset with forensic training
- Flexibility to move across South Wales sites as required
In return for your dedication and commitment we offer:
- Mitie Group benefits package including pension schemes, private medical cover, share schemes and discount scheme with 1000's of offers available from retailers, leisure and utility companies.