Thomas Franks Ltd
Are you passionate about food? Do you want to progress and develop your career with a company who have recently won the best places to work award?
We are looking for a talented Sous Chef to join our team at one of our prestigious independent schools. A dynamic and supportive community of 3 independent schools for boys and girls aged 2 to 18 in Worcester. Catering for 1000 students and teachers daily. We offer a core feeding of 3-course buffet lunch across 3 separate dining areas for various age groups. There is a good amount of hospitality at this location weekly. This is a term-time only contract working 43 weeks with some roles working a 52-week contract and operates Monday to Friday with some hospitality over the weekend in the year. Additional benefit of this location is free parking on site.
Looking for a Strong foodie, commercially minded. You will work with a team of 6 to deliver Breakfast, lunch, snacks, hospitality and events. Someone to challenge and innovate.
You will need to have previous experience working within a high volume, fast-paced kitchen at either Sous Chef, Junior Sous Chef or Senior Sous chef level.
You will need to be excited to work with fresh seasonal ingredients & regularly changing bespoke menus which YOU create! You will be creative and have the opportunity to showcase your skillset every day.
- To work with & manage a team of talented staff
- To produce food for service using fresh ingredients, cooking from scratch and following the companies brand standards
- Creating bespoke seasonal menus from regional and local suppliers
- Completing food costings as required
- Completing company bookwork
- A good understanding of Natasha’s law
- Ensuring company food standards are adhered to and wastage controlled.
- Ensuring all Food Hygiene and Health & Safety policies and allergen control procedures are followed.
You will have the following skills:
- A genuine interest and passion in food & excellent customer service skills
- Excellent client relationship skills
- An all-round team player and leader
- Innovation and passion for great food
- An organised Chef with attention to detail
- £ 33,245.00 per annum
- 52 week contract
- Working 5 days out of 7.
- Shift timings between 0700 – 1900 (8 hour shifts)
- Alternative weekends off.
- Free meals on duty
- Uniform provided
- Wider wallet scheme (discounts at major retailers, restaurants, gyms etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking onsite
- Enhanced maternity paternity leave
- Unrivalled individual training and development
- Team & company social events
- Employee assistance programme
- Workplace pension
- Excellent career progression within a leading independent contract caterer
Sound like the ideal role for you? Apply today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the Right to Work in the UK to be considered for this role.
An enhanced DBS, Identity & reference checks (covering the last five years) will form part of the selection process. As an organisation using the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure service to assess applicants suitability for positions of trust, Thomas Franks Ltd complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and undertake not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure based on conviction or other information revealed. However, for any post in a school please be aware that any application is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such any criminal conviction, caution or bind-over must be declared.
Diversity and Inclusion at Thomas Franks
We actively encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion and would like to invite applications from groups who are currently under-represented, because we believe greater diversity leads to exceptional results and provides a better working life.