The London Clinic
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sous Chef to join our Kitchen team. This role is a based in our Main Hospital site in Central London (W1G 6BW). We are also offering a competitive salary of £37,091 per annum plus a fantastic array of benefits.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with 8 state-of-the-art facilities located in the heart of London’s medical community around Harley Street. We have circa 1350 employees, and we are dedicated to providing our patients with expert, individualised treatment and care. We cover a comprehensive range of services, including complex medical and surgical procedures plus a range of cancer services. The London Clinic has a supportive and warm working culture where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values of “We go further”, “We work as one” and “We personalise care.”
As a Sous chef you are responsible for supporting the executive chef and executive sous chef in delivering consistently high-quality food and monitoring stock rotation to ensure that items not meeting these standards are not accepted or served.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 40 hours per week.
- Rota: Monday to Sunday, as per rota.
- Salary: £37,091 per annum
- Location: 20 Devonshire Place, London, W1G 6BW – Nearest tube stations are Great Portland Street, Regents Park and Baker Street.
- Benefits package:
Contributory pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%).
Private Medical Healthcare.
33 day’s annual leave (Inclusive of bank holidays).
Season ticket travel loan, family friendly benefits, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers/services, plus much more.
We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Report to the Executive sous chef and maintain total responsibility for the day to day running of the kitchen and other catering outlets.
- Supervise the junior cooks to aid their development and ensure the standards set are met.
- To ensure that all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity and ensure that all dishes leave the hot plate or passé correctly garnished, the correct portion and size, presented on the correct services dish and following the SOP’s for their preparation.
- To monitor stock levels of both food and sundries to ensure the correct levels are maintained.
- Completion and monitoring of all rotas for both kitchen staff and contractors in the executive sous absence or on their request.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Junior Sous Chef, or a minimum of 1 years’ experience at Sous Chef level.
- NVQ Level 2 or higher in Professional Cookery is desirable.
- NVQ Level 3 or higher in Food Hygiene is essential.
The London Clinic has charitable status which is fundamental to our identity and how we operate, enabling our teams to invest in treatments, technology and facilities that benefit our patients, staff and the wider community.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting all adults at risk, children and young people by implementing robust safer recruitment practices during our selection process. Pre-employment checks are undertaken in accordance with industry standards and regulations, and successful applicants may be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). If you would like further information about our safer recruitment policy then please contact a member of our recruitment team.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply – we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.