As a Sous Chef in Crafted Pubs, you’ll know all there is to know about running a busy fresh food kitchen and working as part of a kitchen management team. From online ordering and controlling stock, through portion and wastage control, to a sound knowledge of food safety and hygiene, as well as managing and developing the wider kitchen team.
Crafted Pubs is a collection of premium pubs that have the individuality, quirk, warmth, and charm of an independent. Our expansion plans are big, and we are looking for the best people to join on us what is set to be an incredible journey filled with plenty of opportunities.
As a Sous Chef, you will
- Communicate with all the team and develop great working relationships with all team members
- Take responsibility for ensuring standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained, making sure food safety and health and safety policies and procedures are in place
- Responsibility alongside the Head Chef for the kitchen operation, achieving the highest possible food and service standards through your team and for our guests
What you’ll bring to the kitchen:
- You understand the operations of a large, fresh food focused pub or restaurant, having had previous experience in a similar style role.
- Understand GP’s and stock management.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and support the development of the wider kitchen team.
- Competent understanding of all regulations, food hygiene and company specifications.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Display a real passion for food
- Previous experience within a demanding kitchen at the relevant level
- Team player with the ability to manage the team when Head Chef is absent
- Ability to manage costs, negotiate and build relationships with suppliers
- Compliant from both a Food Hygiene and Food Safety perspective
- Relevant qualifications
We’re all about rewarding our team’s hard work, that’s why
You’ll receive a competitive salary, pension contribution as well as:
- The chance to further your career across our well-known brands – as one of the industry’s top apprenticeship providers, we can provide training and development at each level of your career.
- Discount of 33% for you and 15% for your loved ones on all of our brands – so you enjoy your favourite food and drink at a discount.
- Free employee assistance program – mental health, well-being, financial, and legal support because you matter!
- Discount of 50% for you and 25% for your loved ones at our Greene King Inns and hotels. – so you can enjoy a weekend away without breaking the bank.
- Refer a friend – who do you know who could be interested in a new role? When they are placed, you could earn up to £1,500 for referring them!
- Wage Stream – access your wage before payday for when life happens.
- Retail discounts – Receive up to 30% off at Superdrug, exclusive discounts with three mobile along with many more