Reference Number: GI007054
Region: South East
Closing date for applications: 7 July 2020
About the Role
As a part of our growing and successful Solutions Architect team, we are looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join our team in the Croydon office.
This role is pivotal in our business change department and you will be required to understand and challenge business requirements to then objectively translate into clearly defined IT solutions. You will be required to use your wide knowledge of technology, architecture and COTS packages whilst balancing these with the need of the project, business, organisational fit and compliance.
As a Solutions Architect you will work within a team but working with a variety of stakeholders such as, business users and subject matter experts, business analysts, application development teams, 3rd party vendors to define full solution designs for projects and providing a technical lead role for the project.
We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect with proven background knowledge of working within this field. Experience of Insurance business domain would also be very beneficial. This role will require you to have effective communication skills with the ability to work under pressure and within strict timescales. As this role is working with the wider business and key stakeholders, commercial awareness is a must.
The skills that we require you to have are:
- Proven experience of working in an IT architecture role at programme / portfolio level, providing steer, programme / portfolio support, QA and delivery of architecture
- Good foundational knowledge in Insurance domain (preferably in General Insurance) and/or in banking, financial services
- Ability to create solution architectures across multiple business domains and application disciplines with proven depth in one business and technology area
- Proven articulation and influencing skills across all relevant levels in the organization
- Proven experience in working with Agile teams and well known Agile Frameworks
- Good foundational knowledge of cloud solution architecture with experience in implementing solutions using cloud technologies. Microsoft Azure cloud will be even better!
- Systems integration architectures and principles (including authentication and security with 3rd parties).
- Experience in at least one area of application development and programming languages (e.g. Java, .NET, Data manipulation and analysis toolsets)
- Experience in Package selection and RFP support
- Experience of Architecture Governance and IT solutions assurance
It would be desirable for you to be ITIL qualified but this is not a necessity.
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV= General Insurance (GI). Having recently joined forces with Allianz, we're proud to now be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK. Working with a new energy, we're shifting gear and transforming our company, industry and beyond. And we're just getting started.
Driven by pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That's why we've made it our mission to become Britain's best loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Talk to us about flexible working
When it comes to flexible working, we'll do our best to accommodate your needs. At LV= General Insurance many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, from part-time, flexi-time, job shares, an element of working from home or compressed hours.
We want the best people working at our organisation and we recognise that those people aren't always available full-time.
So if you need any adjustments, let us know during your interview. If it's right for our customers, our business and for you, then we'll do everything we can to make it happen.
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. You can help us shape our new future together.
About the Rewards
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page on our website. We want you to love what you do that's why we've put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
This role is 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We'll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please visit our website.
LV= are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.
We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution and is able to bring their true self to work.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don't forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook...... click apply for full job details