Work alongside the multidisciplinary team at Farmfield Hospital as a Social Worker, where you can use your experienced skillset to support people on their recovery.
You will be focusing on providing outstanding social work care and will work alongside service users who have mental health needs or/and personality disorders. You will be responsible for undertaking comprehensive assessments and handling service user's reports, ensuring their social history is available and updated.
Role - Social Work
Location - Charlwood, Surrey
Salary - £32,000
- Completing ongoing comprehensive social care assessments and reports as required from the pre-admission to discharge stage in relation to service users' needs, risk assessment and risk management including child protection and welfare issues, and the appropriateness of potential placement incorporating views of family, relevant carers, home area agencies and those of the victim if available
- On behalf of the MDT, being responsible for liaising with the home authorities via a named individual (Health, SSD and Probation) at the point of admission and maintaining this liaison function through to discharge stage
- Participating in multi-disciplinary working with service users that will involve attendance at clinical team meetings, conferences and CPA reviews
- Completing a full annual social care reassessment within the CPA format on all patients for whom you are the named social worker
- Collaborating with the home authorities, service users and ensuring that their families are involved in decision making/care planning process where possible
- Maintaining appropriate electronic and integrated files and records of work undertaken and completing required administrative procedures
- In consultation with MDT and in collaboration with the home LA/HA, contribute to the preparation of reports for Mental Health Review Tribunals, appeals to MH Act Independent Hospital Managers and attending hearings if appropriate
- Notifications to relevant public protection bodies where indicated i.e. safeguarding; MAPPA; Victim Liaison Officers
- Facilitating access to welfare rights, housing, advocacy services and associated support services
- Completing professional development and training including that relating to post qualification as appropriate
- Placement or work experience in mental health settings
- Previous experience of working with women desirable
- To fully engage in Breakaway training and MVA training
- Essential: CQSW or CSS or Dip,SW,(e), Degree in Social Work
- Desirable: AMHP, Msc Social Work
Location: Farmfield Drive, Charlwood, Surrey, RH6 0BN
You will be working at Farmfield Hospital, which is a large purpose-built medium-secure service with good facilities. Working alongside a multidisciplinary team, you will provide care and support for adult men 18+ with a forensic background and enduring mental health illnesses such as personality disorder, substance misuse issues and behaviours that challenge.
Farmfield is located North West of Gatwick airport near the village of Hookwood, with good transport links by road, bus and train. It is easiest to reach the site by car.What you will get
- Annual salary
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care.
Each and every employee is valued and supported, as everyone has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is only with the dedication, passion and hard work from staff that excellent care programs that truly benefit the service users can be delivered.
With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure...... click apply for full job details