nmcn is a leading construction and infrastructure company committed to delivering exceptional customer service and having a 'positive impact on everything we touch'
Delivering projects across the UK, our specialist engineering and construction teams provide innovation and technical skill from design stage through to construction across the key market sectors of Water, Building, Infrastructure, Telecoms and Power & Industrial.
Through our unique offering, providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover, our Water business provides 'Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking' across our projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring we are supporting our customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience. We currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
An opportunity has arisen in our Fabrication team for a site fitter in Workshop and surrounding areas. You will be responsible for the installation of access platforms, gantries and walkways ranging from simple to complex the majority of work will be carried out on water treatment facilities.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Erecting steel access platforms, open mesh flooring, handrails, ladders and supports. Fitting of steelwork in line with the specification and drawings.
- Delivering the installation to meet the H&S requirements and programme of work
- Work as part of a team to deliver projects predominantly but not limited to the Severn Trent region.
- Show initiative, providing suggestions and ideas to the Contract Engineer or Site Supervisor for improved project delivery
- Identifying changes to the works information and reporting to the Contracts Engineer / Supervisor
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings and work within the specification.
- Site measuring, setting out and working to levels.
- Completion of site measures and provide sketches where required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
• Experience of working within the water industry
• Safety conscious
• CSCS & NVQ equivalent qualification
• Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
• Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
• Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
• Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
• Self-starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
• Confine space certification / experience
• CPCS Slinger / signaller card
• CPCS Lift Supervisor
• IPAF MEWP
• CPCS Telehandler certification
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company vehicle for access to and from work
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- Life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- Enhanced pay for Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave
- Pension scheme
As a Disability Confident Leader and Investor in Diversity, we are committed to recruiting the best people to deliver our projects. We are committed to removing barriers for applicants with a disability during our recruitment process, upon appointment and as an employee
Please note - we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.