This is a fantastic opportunity for a SIMS Data Manager to join a leading independent school in Surrey.
You will receive a great package:
- Full time and permanent, year-round, position
- Pension with up to 15% employer contributions
- 25 days of holiday per year increasing to 30 after 5 years
- Access to the School's Fee Remission Scheme and meals in the dining hall
- Life & personal accident insurance and employee assistance programme
- Employee loans, holiday camps and local retailer discounts
As the SIMS Data Manager you will manage the systems and data department and team within IT Services.
The role is in the Surrey area and as the SIMS Data Manager you will:
- Plan, maintain and develop systems, applications, and databases, deputising for the Network Manager when required
- Own the day-to-day administration and support of SQL and database applications, systems, data servers, and services
- Lead on the planning and delivery of IT projects / programmes
- Oversee standardised or customised report creation and data analysis
- Ensure data protection, legislation and organisational policies are adhered to including security, back-up, recovery, and archiving procedures
- Plan and deliver training sessions with staff and students
- Repair hardware and manage an IT inventory
- Own IT Services documentation, processes, and procedures
To be successful in this role demonstrable leadership experience, highly proficient communication skills, and a sympathetic and patient approach is key.
You must possess the technical knowledge, qualifications, and experience to fulfil the duties and responsibilities of the role, including:
- Project management methodologies
- SIMS MIS
- Microsoft 365 applications
- Virtual Learning Environments
It would be a bonus if you had:
Familiarity with Microsoft IIS, Hyper V, VMware, Capita SIMS.Net, and Library Systems is desirable, and experience of the educational sector would be advantageous.
Why Should You Apply?
Our client is a leading independent school offering a values-led education for the school pupils, where all students are valued and encouraged to fulfil their potential in an atmosphere of mutual respect and compassion.
Who we are?
GreatFind Recruitment is a specialist IT recruitment agency. We've been in business for over 20 years and we're different because we genuinely care about our candidates and clients, delivering a consultative and personalised service.
About GreatFind Recruitment
We specialise on IT Channel recruitment, especially in education sector. We work on different job level vacancies from graduate jobs to 3rd line Technicians, and in various departments including IT, sales and marketing, and operations.
We've worked in the IT channel for nearly 20 years. We deliver a consultative, personal service to our candidates and clients, and we won't rest until everyone is happy.
We are an equal opportunity provider...... click apply for full job details