Shift Engineering Team Manager
Our clients unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world, redefining the customer grocery experience through the adoption of a centralised, automated model of online retailing provided by their own Smart Platform.
They champion a value-led culture to get teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that the people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Team Manager to join our team at the state-of-the-art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre in Andover, which is around 780,000 square feet and boasts world leading technology that is predominantly developed in house. Requires a 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of Engineers and Technicians.
As our Engineering Team Manager, your day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Day to day supervision of shift engineers, technicians and maintenance shift members including prioritisation and allocation of workload
* Managing a team of Approx: 7 direct reports
* Working closely with inbound, outbound and other support teams on a daily basis to ensure direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support operation.
* Be proactive in the development of team members through advising, leading and motivating team members, assessing capability and identifying and resolving training and skill requirements
* To be involved in disciplinary issues for team members
* Assessment of engineering team skills and assisting in up-skilling and training of staff, providing a positive coaching and mentoring environment.
* Training of staff in the integration of first line maintenance of plant and equipment
* Management and development of department processes; including shift handovers, briefs and defect reporting/resolving
* Reporting and monitoring of data capture for automation and maintenance activities
* Ability to lead from the front driving pace accuracy and standards. As part of this you must also be competent and experienced as an Engineer, either mechanically or electrically and must be familiar and competent with both streams of engineering to enable decision-making
* Work to and follow all CDM guidance, both external (CDM Regulations 2015 and associated Guidance L153) and internal (the Ocado CDM15 procedures and processes, HS&E policy and associated Arrangement Policies). To seek guidance from the HS&E team where there is uncertainty
What We Would Like To See:
* Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software, this may include, but is not limited to:
* HNC Engineering, equivalent relevant Degree coupled with relevant applied learning, Engineering Technician Apprenticeship, Electrical and/or mechanical skills preferably gained in an FMCG background to at least NVQ 3
* Experience at a management or supervisory level within an automated environment
* Good organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise
* Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach
* Comprehensive understanding of production, picking and storage MHE systems, gained from experience in an automated environment
* Experience of a FMCG environment.
* Experience of working with Computerised maintenance management systems
* Numerate and PC literate including Word, Excel etc.
Shifts: Our Engineering Team work a Panama Shift pattern. This is a slow rotating shift system that uses 12-hr shifts to provide 24/7 coverage. Typically this can mean working pro rata just 6 months of a year! However as a full time position you must be flexible and required to work weekdays and weekends both days and nights within this shift pattern. Please note your training may be carried out at different UK site locations