Job Title: Service Manager
Hours: Full Time over 5 days
Work with us!
Achieve together want you to have fun at work and make things happen for the people we support. We value everyone and we want brave people to help the people we support work towards achieving independence and reaching their goals. Achieve together is one of the UK's leading providers of support for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs.
If this sounds great to you… Then you're just what we're looking for and we'd like to hear from you!
What do our Service Managers do?
This role requires you to take overall responsibility for all aspects of running the service. Ensuring the staff team enable the people we support to lead a valued and fulfilling life that they want to lead.
We want our Managers to be involved in developing new initiatives in care practices, ensuring the overall delivery of a quality service, whilst working in line with policies, procedures and all relevant legislation.
What experience do you need?
- Manager (and future support team) will have a genuine desire to support people with PMLD.
- A Manager who understands and can meet the advocacy needs of people with PMLD. We need a leader who will always put the person at the centre of their support, who positively promotes individuals strengths and preferences, who believes that people with PMLD can (and do) make decisions about their lives.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of providing excellent support in meeting the physical & mental health and everyday needs of people with PMLD.
- Knowledge and understanding of prevalent health conditions for people with PMLD and experience of clinical procedures such as PEG and administration of Buccal Midazolam.
- A Manager who fosters positive working relationships with health professionals and families , with families being treated as partners - they are the 'natural experts'.
- Aware of various communication tools, methods and approaches such as Intensive Interaction that can be used to enable effective expressive and receptive communication and positive interactions.
- A Manager who can inspire a team to offer meaningful support, providing opportunities for each person to be an 'active citizen' in their community and offering supportive therapies and multi-sensory activities.
What are the Benefits?
- 28 day holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays rising to 30
- Access Retail Discounts, access to Counselling services.
- Reward and recognition monthly and annual.
- Development and access to professional training, continuous on the job training also provided.
- Contributory Pension Plan.
- Checks and Clearances paid for by Achieve together.
*We reserve the right to close this advert before the closing deadline if we interview and offer the right candidate. Apply now to avoid disappointment...... click apply for full job details