We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 7 Senior Physiotherapist (ICU/Surgical) to join The London Clinic on a 12 months fixed term contract. This role is based at our main hospital located in Central London, W1G 6BW (Close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
The London Clinic is one of the UK's largest private hospitals, and we have been providing exceptional care since 1932. We have 8 premises, where we perform highly complex procedures as well as routine surgery & medicine.
Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, and our Physiotherapy team are present on every clinical floor throughout the hospital where we provide a wide range of treatments to patients, as well as those who visit for outpatient treatment.
As a Band 7 Senior Physiotherapist you will provide a comprehensive Physiotherapy service to the Intensive Care Unit and surgical wards. You will also support the management of respiratory patients across the Clinic in both in and outpatient settings as required.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday.
- Salary: The attractive salary for this role is £46,179 - £53,780 per annum, and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Health Insurance, 33 day's annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertake a comprehensive assessment of patients including those with diverse or complex presentations/multi pathologies; using advanced clinical reasoning skills and manual assessment techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis of their condition.
- Utilise highly developed therapeutic handling skills to support rehabilitation of intensive care and surgical patients.
- Assess impact of presenting condition (/s) on all aspects of patient's life and determine appropriate management plans including onward referral as appropriate.
- Plan the effective daily management of a caseload of patients including responding to urgent referrals, unplanned admissions and occasionally unpredictable work patterns.
- Develop new working practices and be abreast of new developments, techniques and treatments in relation to intensive care and surgery.
- Work closely with the Consultants and the nursing team in the effective and appropriate discharge of patients from the intensive care unit, as well as attend the weekly intensive care MDT meeting.
- Act as an educational resource providing expert advice and support in the management of more complex respiratory patients, as well as teach, supervise and appraise band 6 staff and students.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience of working as band 6 or 7 physiotherapist with experience in intensive care.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy and HCPC registered.
- Proven experience with a broad spectrum of acute and chronic respiratory management.
- Experience of quality issues and audit.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills with high levels of communication skills to coach, mediate, negotiate, present and train.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines, as well as demonstrating a forward looking and proactive approach, and working effectively within a team environment.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background...... click apply for full job details