RINA is a global company with 160 years of experience across multiple industries and is looking for a Senior Maritime Safety Consultant to join the Space and Defence business unit due to continued growth and success.
What your role will involve:
The role is at a Senior Consultant level and will provide Safety Engineering consultancy services for our customers (external and internal) and contribute to the RINA Space & Defence UK's (S&D UK) further development and growth.
The role will involve UK travel (and some overseas travel) to support S&D UK's customer's onsite, developing and implementing through life support strategies on complex programmes.
As a Senior Maritime Safety Consultant you'll find yourself working on a range of exciting ship and submarine projects, both for the MOD and commercial customers - in the UK as well as for an international client base. You can expect to be challenged intellectually and professionally, with job variety and opportunities for travel, visiting clients at home and abroad. You will also be in a position to help shape the team as we continue to grow our maritime portfolio.
The Senior Maritime Safety Consultant will provide decision-quality advice and assurance on safety matters to MOD Delivery Teams and Industrial Suppliers on platform and equipment safety.
- Manage Safety Engineering Support programmes to ensure requirements are delivered on time, to budget, and to the required quality;
- Legislation, Regulation and Standards Compliance in accordance with MOD Shipping Regulations (including DSA-02 and JSP430);
- Development and assurance of Safety Arguments for platforms and equipment in support of Naval Authority Certification, Safety Cases, and the Regulator's Document of Compliance.
- On time and to budget delivery of Safety Engineering project/task outputs as required in the project Statement of Requirement;
- Support to bids, proposals, analysis and report writing;
- Provide reports on productivity and other performance indicators to the Project Manager for project specific tasks;
- Peer review of Capability Group's outputs;
- Assist the Capability Manager with developing new capability in order to meet new and emerging market demands;
- Develop innovation initiatives to support future growth.
- Formal training in the management of Safety Engineering for UK Defence programmes;
- Evidence of current or recent safety engineering experience in the maritime domain;
- Foundation Degree or higher in an appropriate engineering discipline is required;
- Engineering Council Registration is preferred; IEng or CEng with institutes such as IMarEST or IET is desirable;
- Technical and safety management experience in the maritime sector; DE&S Project Team experience desirable;
- Relevant maritime safety qualifications (such as SSMO, SEMT) is desirable;
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development in maritime-related safety engineering; and
- Experience working within the Project Oriented Safety Management System (POSMS).
- UK SC cleared.
- Good working knowledge of Defence Standards (in particular Def Stan 00-056, Def Stan 00-970 series)
- Good working knowledge of DSA01, 02 and 03, DSA02-DMR as appropriate to role;
- Good working knowledge of ASEMS POSMS and POEMS processes;
- Good working knowledge of the UK MOD procurement processes;
- Experience in the application of safety engineering management and support to large scale complex programmes for UK MOD and sea domains
- Experience in successfully delivering safety engineering programmes;
- Experience in conducting Hazard & Safety Risk Analysis;
- Experience in the use and application of Safety Engineering tools (such as Reliability Workbench, ASCE, Bow Tie XP)
- Ability to engage with existing and potential customers, building trust and confidence;
- Successful in establishing strong and effective working relationships with customers and colleagues;
- Able to present ideas successfully, offering negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Effective time manager with good communication skills, listening skills with a flexible and positive approach to work;
- Exceptional report writing skills and high quality standards able to apply a logical and tailored approach to meet client needs.
In addition to the below you will become part of our growing global team, you will find yourself working with world-class professionals and clients in a variety of market sectors.
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays);
- Option to buy more holiday;
- Support of Military Reservists - 5 additional unpaid days;
- Healthcare cover (Family can be added at an additional cost);
- Matched 6% pension;
- Life Assurance;
- Professional development to become chartered;
- Pay for professional membership;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Employee perks - retail discounts;
- Generous recruitment referral bonus;
- 4 half days paid leave for STEM Ambassadors;
RINA is a global corporation providing testing, inspection, certification and consulting services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors. We have been at the forefront of providing innovative and technical solutions for more than 150 years, working closely with clients as a trusted partner, assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way. Through a global network of 3,900 talented professionals, operating in 200 offices in 70 countries, we support our clients across the entire life cycle of their projects.
About RINA S&D UK
RINA S&D UK has been awarded Silver status with the Armed Forces Covenant Employers Recognition Scheme and proudly supports those who serve
RINA S&D UK is a key technical engineering partner to the defence sector, providing a portfolio of consultancy services and with a proven track record in supporting government defence ministries, space agencies and prime contractors on complex projects.
We provide services across Safety & Environmental compliance, Systems Engineering, ILS, Business Analytics & Cost Modelling, Electromagnetic Compatibility, and Training & Learning solutions, and many of our team members have worked directly in the defence sector, so understand its culture and complexities.
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date...... click apply for full job details