Opportunity to join the Market Assurance - Operations team
Deloitte's Regulatory Assurance team is a market-leading group of industry experts that is still rapidly growing. We work with Operations functions and we specialise in advisory and assurance work, providing practical, commercial solutions to global clients which require a deep understanding of the market and its regulatory context. We focus our propositions on new and emerging regulatory hot topics and support firms with the impact of these on their strategy and business model as well as providing assurance following the implementation of new regulation.
We also support new and existing market players in their interactions with the regulator, for example on new regulatory applications.
The team has built a reputation for providing pragmatic advice and assurance, positioning itself at the cutting edge of emerging regulatory trends by working closely with regulators, industry bodies and clients and conducting its own market research.
Although we specialise in Operations, we sit in a wider Financial Services team which provides advice, remediation support and assurance to a range of wholesale and retail financial institutions.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join the Markets Assurance Operations team in London to drive the regulatory and strategy work we do with firms across the industry, including global investment banks.
You will understand our clients' industry and the issues they face from an Operations standpoint. The combination of your specialist and core assurance skills, industry expertise and on-going investment in this area will allow you to anticipate complex business problems for our clients and recommend appropriate action.
You will be
- Leading a team to provide professional services across the operations lifecycle described above.
- Driving client targeting initiatives, including creating and developing propositions to reflect the changing needs of our clients as they respond to these new regulatory requirements, as well as presenting proposals to clients detailing how we can assist them.
- Leading the delivery of relevant Assurance engagements providing high quality advisory and assurance services to our clients.
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders across Deloitte to provide our clients with best in class expertise and offerings
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders at clients.
- Project Management, including budgeting, reporting and risk management
- Training and developing junior members of the team.
- Practice management, including preparing budgets, resourcing and client billing.
You will be quick in developing an advanced understanding of your clients' business needs and key risks and you will be responsible for creating and maintaining strong client relationships, ensuring that we are adding value to clients' businesses and that the relationships we create outlast the individual projects.
The projects we work on from client to client can vary a lot and therefore you need to prepared to adapt quickly to new situations and enjoy variety. Often we are part of cross-service line teams delivering our expertise on large scale engagements which will give you the opportunity to also build a strong internal network.
Another key aspect to the role is practice management, including preparing budgets, resourcing and client billing, and proactively engaging with the wider activities of the team.
You will be responsible for supporting the training and development of junior members of the team and your role will be key in helping to continue to develop a diverse team with an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel may be required for client based projects.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Strong experience with regards to large-scale strategy and regulatory change projects (e.g. through working within a Risk and Regulatory team at another professional services firm, or through experience in FCA or PRA supervision).
- Strong experience with regards to the Operations function (e.g. through working in Operations or aligned function, or through working at another professional services firm)
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the front to back trade lifecycle
- Good knowledge of UK regulatory requirements which impacts Operations and a strong interest in emerging regulation
- The ability to generate ideas and use flexible thinking to problem solve, motivating your team to do the same
- Experience of delivering multiple projects or engagements at any one time
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - both written and verbal
- Experience in delivering presentations and pitches
- Experience in conducting stakeholder interviews with Board members and senior executives
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Strong aptitude with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident client presence and strong network of contacts and existing industry relationships
For full job description please see our Career Site