Opening date: 23rd July 2020
Closing date: 21st August 2020
Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to support our Books business in the UK. The position is part of our growing Digital Content Finance organisation and is based out of our London office. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key finance partner in an innovative and rapidly evolving business within Amazon..
This is a rare opportunity to work across multiple components of the P&L, to challenge assumptions and drive change within a nimble business unit. In this role you will share financial ownership of the Books business in the UK. You will work cross-functionally and cross-geography with our business teams on our key strategic programs, and with our global finance teams to establish best in class processes, analytics and controls. The role is very broad based and will require someone who is motivated to make a big impact, and has ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with senior executives and various stakeholders across Amazon, and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Physical and Digital P&L - analysis of the financial outputs, connecting them with the underlying input drivers and translating them into insights to inform and execute business decisions.
• Partnering with business leaders, subject matter experts, accounting, inventory and operations teams to provide analytics, strategic guidance and decision support to senior executives on the key 2020 initiatives
• Tracking business performance against goals and leading goal reviews with senior management; developing and implementing policies and programs to maintain and improve profitability.
• Facilitating financial reviews, performing analysis on weekly, monthly and quarterly results. Finding opportunities to improve and simplify these processes.
• Supervision of planning and reporting processes for the business, in line with Amazon planning/reporting cycles. Facilitating financial reviews, performing analysis on the monthly results, leading quarterly and yearly forecasting for UK region.
• Project ownership, working with business partners to deliver projects such as new product launches, innovations, and customer analysis that help us better serve Amazon's customers.
• Partnering with EU/US Finance teams on WW finance-specific deliverables and projects.
- Must have a Masters in either Economics or Finance.
• You will have a CPA, ACA or equivalent Accounting qualification
• Extensive finance experience from Retail, FMCG, or Tech companies within an international environment of similar size and scope required
- Will have presented at shareholder meetings
• Advanced Excel skills, with VBA skills preferred
• Must show evidence of using data to inform decisions
• Must have a demonstrable track record of delivering results
• Must demonstrate fluency in English language both written and verbal
• Prioritize across multiple tasks/projects, and work to tight deadlines.