The Walt Disney Company
This role is based in Hammersmith, London – 4 days per week
Senior Finance Analyst – Marketing
Finance and Strategy CPGP
Fixed Term, 6 months
Senior Finance Manager
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Senior Finance Analyst is required to provide specialist advice and guidance that help to influence business decisions. The role is responsible for delivering an effective, timely and accurate AOP, Forecasts, FYP and close process across a group of markets with a focus on Marketing, Product Development and Creative Spend, as well as providing necessary analysis and reporting to help deliver Franchise strategies.
Manage the overall Marketing EMEA FP&A process and calendar. Responsible for planning and tracking marketing spend by market, spend type, franchise and retailer.
Manage the delivery of the quarter close process, including timely and accurate reporting of close position to all relevant stakeholders.
Manage all key quarterly, annual and long-term forecast deliverables.
Develop new marketing tracker and reporting process to redefine/improve existing finance processes.
Ad hoc support to the Senior Finance Manager & Finance Director as required in other areas of the business outside of Marketing.
Prepare analysis on the effectiveness of spend for key marketing campaigns. Including postmortems and insights of performance
Support the various Marketing teams with financial queries, processes and spend appraisals.
Manage and deliver other ad hoc projects/requests within the scope of the role.
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
Fully qualified – Accounting/Finance qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA), essential
Experience in both FP&A and Financial Reporting.
Financial support of a marketing function a plus.
Experience of working within the retail/licensing sector and/or large Media organisation
Experience of commercial management to a high standard and working with a Regional Finance and Commercial head office
Demonstrable track record of providing commercial support to a business partner that is insightful, timely, responsive and accurate.
Proven experience of building effective relationships and managing stakeholders within a large, multi-national, matrix organisation
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Ability to produce clear and insightful presentations that deliver key messaging at the appropriate level of detail.
Numerical and analytical with a desire to think through and resolve problems.
Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with competing deadlines.
Result-focused and outcome-driven.
- Makes sound business decisions that balance competing priorities.
- Examines issues from a broad perspective, considering impact beyond immediate scope.
- Engages colleagues across the organization to optimize performance.
- Manages the needs of diverse stakeholders.
- Facilitates win-win situations.
- Provides appropriate rationale and context to drive commitment.
- Tailors messages appropriately to the audience.
- Manages projects, processes and resources to produce desired outcomes.
- Holds self and others accountable to high performance standards.
- Analyse problems effectively and takes actions to resolve.
- Analyse data and information to drive decisions.
Exhibits Professional Excellence
- Maintains composure under pressure.
- Earns the trust and respect of colleagues, partners and customers.
Assist in the management of day-to-day responsibilities of the Finance intern.