Under the direction of the Email Marketing Manager. This role will focus on delivering emails in a fast pace environment and will develop quickly into leading on Email Campaigns and Automations, delivering email campaigns ensuring the deployment deadlines are met.You will work closely with the wider editorial, commercial and marketing teams of various media brands of the Group on managing their end-to-end email marketing process to support editorial newsletters, sales, events and magazine subscriptions - from data manipulation to campaign delivery.This role is part of a central Digital Marketing team that supports the brand marketers of 40+ media and events brands to drive subscriptions and audience engagement and is a key part of supporting the business in being digital first.
- To support the business in set up of campaigns, using a JIRA ticketing system to manage your campaigns and working closely with brand teams to set up and deliver marketing, editorial and advertising emails.
- To act as the business lead on email campaign strategy and automations.
- To work closely with media and events brand marketers to advise on best practice for email campaigns and automations in the ESP
- To act in account management capacity to take briefs from the brand teams on building automations and testing and optimising campaign strategies
- To create strategies that can be used company wide and best practice documents around email campaigns and automations, advising the business on testing strategies (AB tests/subject line tests etc.)
- To act as the team lead on all automations and campaigns, supporting the email marketing execs in their learning and understanding of this area of email marketing
- To use market leading ESP software to create and deliver email campaigns
- Using HTML/CSS coding to develop or amend a suite of email templates for marketing campaigns
- Proofing and testing of each email campaign while following a thorough sign off process
- To troubleshoot HTML email rendering issues or deliverability to various ISPs
- To support data import or export requests
- Reporting on campaigns, analysing performance and identifying areas for optimisation and growth
- Running A/B testing: proposing testing treatments, split testing campaigns and reporting on results
- To manage the email marketing calendar in conjunction with the brands' stakeholders
- To work with the email marketing team for any ad-hoc database cleansing and re-engagement tasks
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience in an email marketing position or similar role
- Experience with Adobe Campaign and/or Marketo + Adobe Analytics an advantage
- Strong experience in building Automations and Email Campaign Strategy
- Strong HTML and CSS coding skills and confident user of Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of ESP Platforms (e.g.: e-shot, Marketo, Adobe Campaign, or similar)
- Experience in building/designing mobile responsive HTML email templates
- Knowledge of Wordpress CMS
- Experience in Google Analytics
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user
- B2B media and publishing knowledge preferable but not essential
• Well-organised.• Capable of multitasking effectively, while meeting various deadlines.• Methodical with excellent attention to detail.• Strong time management skills.
• Collaborative• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills• Self-motivated with an enthusiastic approach to work• Able to build and maintain positive relationships cross functionally to achieve objectives• Adaptable and flexible to change• Customer oriented
Benefits: emap is part of the Metropolis Group and we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Hybrid Working (2 days in the office 3 days from home)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers and more