Senior Commercial Contracts Lawyer required for one of the UK's fastest growing MSPs
Location: Home based with some occasional travel to meet Business needs
GCI is a leading Converged ICT Service Provider offering a suite of end-to-end ICT products and services (including IT support, unified communications, cloud, security and network/infrastructure services), helping organisations to benefit from digital transformation and holding multiple silver and gold certifications from Microsoft.
Details of our businesses and our outstanding achievements so far can be found on our websites:-
About the role -
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Commercial Contracts Lawyer to join our in-house legal team to work alongside our Group Legal Counsel to provide a high quality service to the business's operations.
The role will be conducted largely remotely for the foreseeable future in light of COVID 19, but as and when circumstances permit, the successful candidate will attend meetings as required, albeit it is likely that there will be a significant amount of homeworking available once offices reopen.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Commercial Contracts Lawyer to join a dynamic and thriving business.
- Providing advice on legal and compliance matters to other parts of the business.
- Work autonomously advising on, drafting and negotiating contracts as well as supporting more junior members of the team
- Provide support to Group Legal Counsel and the other members of the team in connection with contract-related matters including queries, disputes and legal questions.
- Due to the size of the team, you will have to deal with routine work from time-to-time, in addition to some of the more complex, challenging work.
- Support, mentor, train and develop more junior members of the team as well as supporting Group Legal Counsel on strategic projects as and when required.
- A willingness to help look after more general business-as-usual legal issues (including ad hoc support on corporate matters, company secretarial and disputes as required), would be advantageous.
- Have a willing, "hands-on" approach.
What we'd like from you
To deliver the best for our customers, the people in Team GCI also need to be the best. Therefore, we are looking for a committed, motivated and pro-active lawyer, able to lead and take responsibility and ownership of issues/matters as well as being able to work as part of a team. The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong legal and strategic analysis skills, and be capable of delivering pragmatic, commercial and decisive legal advice to all levels within the business.
Other qualities specific to this role include:
- Qualified lawyer with at least five year's post-qualification experience.
- Extensive experience working on a range of commercial agreements and contracts including customer contracts, framework agreements, supply contracts, and other commercial contracts.
- Experience in the communications sector would be advantageous.
- possess a solid understanding of data protection, as most of the contracts they will be required to deal with will involve the processing of personal data.
- An understanding of data protection issues/knowledge of GDPR and its impact on contracts is essential.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of Team GCI, then don't hesitate to apply now!
What you can expect from us in return
At GCI, we think it's important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams and real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
- Holiday: 25 days' holiday
- Flexible working: It's important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. GCI will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working: We practice what we preach and empower our people to work virtually
- Top tech: We don't just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
- Life assurance: Employees receive life assurance cover of 4x their annual salary, to be paid to a nominated next of kin in the event of death
- Health cash plan: All staff are eligible for our health cash plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments
- Retail discounts and other perks: A "thanks" from GCI for a job well done, this scheme offers freebies and discounts for hundreds of major brands
Why choose a career with GCI?
At GCI, we have several goals. We're one of the UK's fastest-growing MSPs and want to continue to keep growing. We're a leading Converged ICT Services Provider and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly of all, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. And underpinning this is more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
GCI recognise the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship Scheme and various training and development programmes available, at GCI the opportunities for growth are endless.
A note for agencies
GCI have a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately we cannot accept any agency submissions for any of our roles...... click apply for full job details