Location: Hybrid: working from home/ Sea Containers office, London
Reporting to: Account Director
We Are VMLY&R Commerce
We are part of the VMLY&R Global brand and customer experience agency, creating truly connected brands for our clients. Passionately inventive and relentlessly curious, we strive to uncover the connection in all we do. We’re behind award-winning campaigns for blue chip clients, including Coca-Cola, Diageo, Danone, Boots, Dell, Ford, Intel, New Balance, Pfizer and Wendy’s.
We thrive on creating work that brings people together- united by the power of human connection. We harness creativity, technology, and culture to create connected brands that drive value for our clients and their customers around the world.
More than 20,000 people work for us globally, and we have principal offices in London, New York City, Detroit, Kansas City, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney.
Today, Commerce is everywhere and always on – VMLY&R Commerce, therefore, positions itself as the end-to-end Creative Commerce company, delivering engaging new Commerce experiences to unlock commercial growth.
Our heritage is activation and Shopper Marketing, we have evolved our capabilities and services to be industry leaders in the new Commerce era; to convert shoppers at the right touchpoints through Retail, Experiential, Design and Innovation to drive conversion everywhere life intersects with Commerce. That can be anywhere from physical stores to e-commerce, branded experiences to out-of-home, content to product packaging, social commerce to live streaming, voice and visual search to gaming, and more.
We believe that Commerce is the next great canvas for creativity. And that Creative Commerce has the power to move people to action like no other form of marketing.
The key role of the Senior Account Executive is to initiate, organise, coordinate, and implement all aspects of the execution of proposals and projects. You will be a key contact internally and for the client, you help look after the management/execution of our campaigns from start to delivery. The role requires a broad understanding of how the client’s business operates and what their expectations are.
An accomplished Senior Account Executive is an effective administrator. This is the foundation of the role and includes resource management, reporting, monitoring budgets and timelines, effective client relationship management, managing meetings and other ad-hoc tasks to support other team members.
This is a chance to work with one of the top global advertising agencies; you will get to learn the creative process of creating brilliant work and grow your career within Account Management.
- Developing effective relationships with the key stakeholders.
- Attending and participating in client meetings as required.
- To have a good understanding of how the client’s business operates such that they can gather information effectively and quickly in support of the factual detail of each brief.
- Keep up-to-date competitive reviews – execution and strategic – working with the Account Manager where necessary.
- Demonstrate cost awareness on jobs being managed and raise any concerns to the line manager.
- Build strong relationships with Project Managers – consulting with them before agreeing on any deliverables and keeping them informed at all stages of the project.
- Work closely with Creative and Studio to ensure timescales/budgets are met on all jobs.
- Producing weekly reports as required.
- Coordinating meetings as per timelines.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and pride in ensuring that all outputs reflect or exceed best practices (internal and external).
- Recognise the ‘bigger picture’ and understand and contribute to longer-term objectives while still delivering day-to-day excellence.
- Demonstrate a solid strategic understanding of the client’s business and market.
- Proactively think ahead to seek solutions and opportunities to issues, which may be less than obvious.
- Develop and manage close working relationships with the client to ensure expectations and deliverables are achieved.
- Ensure the effective interrogation of the brief takes place where all parties understand its implications whilst providing internal counsel and optimal strategies for debating any controversial/challenging aspects of the brief.
Being a fast learner, problem solver, and someone who is motivated to serve our clients while making great creative work is also a must. This is a great opportunity to work with exciting clients and creating work that is truly global.
The person who takes this role will:
- Have experience coordinating jobs and meetings, monitoring timelines and budgets, and preparing reports.
- Have general administrative experience in a multi-tasking environment.
- Have experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be able to think beyond execution and offer solutions rather than problems.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure whilst managing multiple projects, across multiple brands.
- Have excellent communication skills – understanding the importance with positive client relationships and demonstrating an engaging and open style of communication.
- Have excellent organisational skills and a sharp eye for detail – working in a time-efficient and organised manner and seeking to streamline processes where appropriate as well as prioritising effectively.
- Be proactive – self-motivated with patience and able to exercise intuition.
- Strong affinity for understanding human behaviour and technology.
- Be naturally curious and constantly looking to learn from new information or experiences.
Sound like you? Then, we’d love to talk to you about this super exciting opportunity!
What’s in it for you?
Aside from a generous annual leave allowance and pension allowances, you will have access to a whole host of other benefits and activities, such as:
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care and Glasses Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loans
- WPP Discounts
You will also have a clear long-term career development plan and access to our learning and development activities and online learning platforms such as our Mentor Programme, Power Hours, Inspirational Speakers and online learning platforms.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.