Do you have experience of working within a fast-paced target driven environment? Do you have extensive despatch experience in a production environment? Are you looking for a new challenge? We are looking for a highly competent and motivating Desptach Section Manager to join our team based in Abergavenny.
We are a diverse, forward thinking business, so we are looking for someone who can think outside the box and utilise your expertise and knowledge to drive your team to deliver results at the highest standard.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, focused and proactive Despatch Section Manager to join a progressive team during a time of high demand for our products. We're a company that values its colleagues, encourages career progression and strives to be a company people want to work with and for.
The foods manufacturing industry is a vital part of the British economy, and we continue to operate with measures in place to help protect colleagues while keeping the nation fed.
Join us as a Desptach Section Manager and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Shift Pattern: 4 on / 4 off; 1300hrs - 0100hrs
Purpose of the role:
As a Section Manager you will be responsible for managing the Despatch & Intake process and staff to ensure we deliver to our customers in the most productive and efficient method.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating shift personnel, to ensure adequate cover is provided.
- Using trouble shooting techniques to improve overall performance and strive for continuous improvement.
- Developing the team into new ways of working that will benefit both the business and personal development.
- Managing the intake, finished and reworked stock to ensure that product is rotated and loaded out in the correct manner whilst mitigating any overstock.
- Instilling accurate disciplines around stock control.
- Reporting any failures in achieving plan immediately.
- Liaising with Hauliers and tracking Haulier performance to ensure supply chain is not affected.
- Running the area that you are accountable for - monitoring your team's progress and ensuring that all staff, including new starters, are trained and developed.
- Ensuring that all products are despatched in line with product specification and correct documentation.
- Maintaining adherence to Avara Foods safety and hygiene standards.
- Ensure all Company policies, standards, processes are met and adhered to by all personnel on shift.
- Experience of working in a Despatch environment, preferably within a food industry.
- Strong Leadership skills and experience of motivating teams.
- Experience of dealing with customers, both internal and external.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience of major retailers in FMCG is advantageous.
As a valued member of our Operational team you can also look forward to a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer...... click apply for full job details