As a Section Leader, you will assist the Senior Section Leader with meeting and fulfilling daily customer orders in the most cost effective way, whilst meeting their specifications and maintaining H&S requirements. You will be based at our purpose built facility in Alconbury.Shift: 4 on 4 off 12 hours. Rate of pay: Up to £9.49 dependent on experience.
Your responsibilities as section leader will include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out safety checks to ensure the machinery is in a good and safe working condition, completing relevant check sheets at start and end of shift.
- Drive production lines to fulfil daily customer orders in the most cost effective way, whilst meeting their specifications, efficient packing operation and maintaining H&S requirements on a day to day basis.
- Liaise with Line Leader regarding required job, set line according to customer specification.
- Carry out Check Weigher calibration at start of day and as and when required.
- Record downtime on Rubicon.
- Ensure production start-up checks are carried out before production commences and production procedure checks and other checks sheets are adhered to.
- Completing production job sheets and taking them to the Production office for processing.
- Ensure all packaging is removed from previous production runs to the correct area.
- Ensure machinery is regularly cleaned, removing fruit/packaging from previous production runs.
- When operating machine ensure all health & safety requirements are met and maintained and any breakdowns or inefficiencies have been recorded and reported to the Production Supervisor and Maintenance team.
- Ensure line is clean at the end of shift as per cleaning schedule and all records are updated and signed off.
Experience Required for the section leader role:
- Experience in a similar role within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment essential along with operating within a KPI's driven structure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Microsoft office experience - word, excel.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- A keen eye for detail
- Flexible approach to work.
- Experience of operating packing machinery would be an advantage.
- Working with agency labour providers and agency team members from various cultural backgrounds.
- An approachable individual, willing to listen and actively encourage others to contribute to the success of the team.
- Personally driven to succeed with a can do approach.
- Engages with the whole team and actively listens.
We are AM FRESH, operates across the globe supplying the worlds leading retailers with a portfolio of fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers, fruit juice, yoghurts, soups and ice cream through a number of subsidiaries.
Our core values are deep-rooted, and we are committed to delivering a seamless, tailor-made experience to consumers and partners across the business. Working with the industry's elite, we work to unlock nature's excellence through optimisation at the core. We are innovative, committed, dynamic and forward thinking.
We work hard to develop and implement programs to improve the conditions of the communities our partnerships operate in, for farmers, customers, consumers and environment. We plan and plant the future and work hard to secure amazing products for generations to come...... click apply for full job details