We have a market leading reputation for producing bespoke solutions for niche customer groups managed by our broker partners. Within the wider Schemes team we deliver Schemes solutions across the UK retail business.
You'll work across the existing portfolio of schemes business as well as the creation of new scheme opportunities. You'll work with the wider schemes underwriters, operations, sales and wider senior leadership team to drive improvement and profitable growth of our schemes portfolio and play an integral part in realising our ambitions of growing the book to £250m by 2025
You'll have responsibility for dealing with the schemes business, dealing not only with underwriting business and servicing our schemes partner brokers, but also the opportunity to help drive and shape our wider underwriting strategy and growth.
What you'll be doing:
- Delivering exceptional service to our brokers, dealing with referrals and writing more complex business
- In conjunction with Head of Underwriting and schemes underwriting team responsible and accountable for the profitable growth of schemes
- Challenge convention on a regular basis, able to suggest and execute effective growth and underwriting strategies to ensure sustained profitable growth
- Keep abreast of new risks and exposures within our chosen sectors to ensure Hiscox market leading position is maintained.
- Working with the Head of Underwriting to help develop new products and propositions and maximise the opportunity within our current/future portfolios of business
- Taking an active role in mentoring and developing more junior members of the team
- Working with the Head of Underwriting around shaping and driving the underlying underwriting strategy and portfolio of business to deliver our 2025 ambitions
- Taking underwriting ownership, relationship management and accountability for some of our key strategic broker partners
- Ability to make a confident decision in difficult and complex situations
- 3 to 5 years previous underwriting or analytical experience
- ACII qualification or progression towards
- Comfortable analysing, making and executing underwriting recommendations on portfolios of business or willing to learn these skills
- Able to demonstrate influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently in a collaborative environment
- Interest in developing as a potential sector expert in a specialist area
- Open to new ideas, innovation and educated risk taking
About Hiscox UK
Hiscox UK is a leading brand in the insurance market, recognised as setting the standards others try to emulate. We consistently deliver strong growth and exceptional returns, recruiting only the very best and empowering them to deliver. We are known for insuring the homes of the rich and famous through to the most innovative technology companies. Our customers are diverse and unique and are only united by our ability to provide specialist insurance tailored to their needs.
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
AtHiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.