Sales Representative - Tobacco and Vape Products - Portsmouth and Isle of White
Do you want to join one of the leading vaping and tobacco companies within the UK and be part of a new, innovative and fast-growing area of 'Next Generation Products'? Do you want to be part of a great working culture and a 2020 UK Top Employer? If you want to challenge yourself and work in an international and dynamic environment, then apply now!
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. Our revolutionary closed-vapour system, ePod, was voted Product of the Year (POTY) for 2020 by consumers, beating several international competitors in a highly challenging category. ePen3 was voted Product of the Year in 2019. Having consumers vote our devices as the best for two consecutive years is fantastic. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, Glo and Voke. Our tobacco portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands - Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans.
We are currently looking for Sale Representatives across the UK.
Sales Representatives will operate in a prescribed geographical area and have a workload made up of Independent tobacco and Potentially Reduced Risk Product (PRRP) selling outlets which have strategic importance to brand and company development. All outlets will be visited monthly by a Territory Manager who will be responsible for building relationships, growing distribution and activating key brands. The key fundamentals of the SR role are to support the Territory Manager in fulfilling the area plan through selling additional stock of BAT UK brands to our retailers through van sales in order to optimise BAT's performance.
To succeed as a Sales Representative in British American Tobacco (BAT) you will need to be able to
- Work independently and effectively manage your workload
- Quickly adapt to challenge and changes
- Execute a fixed trade coverage plan within a fixed geographic area of Independent and Independent Symbol Tobacco & Potentially Reduced Risk Products (PRRP), selling to outlets within that territory.
- Achieve monthly sales targets through van sales which will ensure distribution, OOS reduction, share of shelf, activation, and ultimately volume and market share objectives are delivered in support of company plans.
- Work in conjunction with a Territory Manager, building relationships with retail outlets to maximise BAT UK sales.
- Be mobile across the territory based on the business need
- Work to a fixed Trade Coverage Plan ensuring regular callage
- Deliver sales targets in line with or ahead of plan
- Ensure that sales targets are delivered or exceeded through a combination of own and pre-sale delivery.
- Drive additional sales through negotiation with Independent retailers
- Complete business processes on time in full; ensuring accuracy of information and data
- Efficiently manage and maintain business and financial assets (Van, IT equipment, POS materials)
- Reconcile stock and cash in line with business policies and processes
- Cash collection, transaction reconciliation and deposits
- Minimises Out of Stocks in-store
- Maximise your selling skills and industry knowledge to add value to both team colleagues and retailers
- Starting salary of £28,000
- Bonus potential of up to 30% of annual salary plus share reward
- 25 days holiday entitlement
- Excellent Benefits Package including Private Medical, Pension, Share Scheme Options
- Comprehensive training including selling skills, brand and industry knowledge.
- You will be provided with a vehicle (short wheel base van under 3,500kg) for work use and you are expected to follow all Health & Safety processes
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full valid UK driving license for a manual vehicle
- Previous experience that includes transferable skills to a Field Sales role. Field sales experience is not essential but could be an advantage
- IT skills - basic use of the following packages: word, excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft outlook
- Develop effective working relationships within your function and across all departments in order to support the achievement of TM&D objectives and create a cohesive one company mentality. Key stakeholders include
- Territory Managers
- Area Managers
- Peer Group
- Customer Management Group
- Have an effective working relationship with our customers by giving assistance and support through regular communication and the prompt handling of requests
British American Tobacco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, protected veterans' status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship or any other legally protected factor.