Your new company
Hays are working on behalf of a large international transport business based near Ipswich who are looking for some support within their busy finance team. This company is performing extremely well and is seeking to bolster their existing team.
Your new role
The main purpose of the role is to maintain oversight of part of the sales ledger through invoice production and processing. Specifically you will be responsible for the following:
* Generate and print the single invoice and pod invoice function on a daily basis.
* Process and generate to Unit 4 all Self Billing customers' invoices ensuring they agree.
* Generate a variance report for any services not included in the Self Bills.
* Contact all customers on the self bill ledger to ensure payment is confirmed and received within the payment terms for accurate weekly cash flow forecasting.
* Access customers' sites to download for processing and registering of services for invoicing.
* Contact depots and sites to ensure variances and queries are resolved within a timeframe to ensure deadlines are adhered too.
* Keep your Supervisor updated with your work progress and any queries or variances that may result in delayed payment.
This is a full time role working 35 hours per week between Monday and Friday, ideally working 9-5 but this could be flexible. Initially this will be office based while training but could offer hybrid working patterns once competent.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have previous experience in reconciling accounts and processing high volumes of invoices. You will have a good understanding of financial processes and be able to prioritise your work accordingly. You will have good IT and communication skills and be available to start on short notice or immediately.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.